cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

SPF Record for relaying mail via Optus

This is possibly something I can phone technical support for but I'm hoping that it can be answered in the public forum so that others can benefit (or it can be added to the support page which lists the SMTP relay).

Can Optus provide the SPF record that can be added to DNS where customers are relaying email via mail.optusnet.com.au?  That host name is obviously a load balanced address where any number of servers can actually handle and forward the mail (e.g.  mail104.syd.optusnet.com.au or  mail107.syd.optusnet.com.au).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: SPF Record for relaying mail via Optus

Hey @rcarde, relaying mail through our mail servers isn't something that's supported by Optus. We only support Optus mail going through our mail server. Other email may or may not be able to go through however this isn't something we support. The SPF records you're asking for is not something we're able to supply. If you're sending mail from an external mail server / email account I'd suggest using your external mail server to send outgoing mail.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Jax_K - what a load of codswallop.   I'm an Optus SME customer (with static IP address).  I can send email direct from my IP address, however, it's desirable to do so via the official Optus SMTP relay (mail.optusnet.com.au) as it will have a better reputation.

Rather than continually try to hinder customers can you take a more proactive approach and provide services"for the good of the Internet" and your customers?

I guess I'll jst adopt your record and be done with it??

optusnet.com.au   TXT "v=spf1 ip4:211.29.132.0/23 ip4:211.31.132.0/23 ip4:211.29.152.0/23 ?all"

New Contributor DEKM
New Contributor

Could also use ...

TXT v=spf1 include:optusnet.com.au

... instead of the IP addresses

Tags (1)
0 Kudos