Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Occasional Contributor Geoffa56
Occasional Contributor

SPAM filer trapping genuine email address

All of a sudden Optus SPAM filer is trapping a genuine daily email from my broker. Was working fine. Borker's email address is in my contacts in webmail....

I have opened one of the emails and flagged it as "not spam" which forces the email back into my inbox...... but does not remember that and the net day's email goes into SPAM.... Help!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Occasional Contributor Geoffa56
Occasional Contributor

Re: SPAM filer trapping genuine email address

Problem solved (I hope) by luck...

I replied to my contact and Optus blocked the email on the way out - told me to contact "mailblockreview@optusnet.com.au". Which I did and they have already advised that i is now corrected.....

If ony the online chat team were aware of this escalation point/process.....

(and supposedly openeing an email in the SPAM folder and clicking NOT SPAM, should correct the filter automatically but simetimes manual intervention is required).

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: SPAM filer trapping genuine email address

Ah, sorry we couldn't get to you sooner @Geoffa56.

I'm glad we were able to figuire this one out.

All OptusNet email is subject to the Optus Spam & Phishing Filter. On occassion, emails may incorrectly be filtered.

For anyone else experiencing the same, I'll leave this below:

If you feel that an email that you've sent is being incorrectly blocked by the filter, follow these steps to have us re-assess your email and provide you with a resolution.

HOW TO REQUEST A REVIEW OF YOUR EMAIL

1. Send the original email 'as is' to mailblockreview@optusnet.com.au or simply add the mail block review address to your original mail-out list. We need to view the email exactly as it was originally sent, so please do not forward or send it as an attachment

2. Send a separate email to mailblockreview@optusnet.com.au explaining your role and the purpose of the original email. Ensure that you reference the original email in the subject line and provide your contact details so that we can reach you

3. In most cases we will advise you of the outcome of the review within 2 business days via a return email
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos