Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

SMTP email settings

Hi, apologies if this is answered elsewhere. I have searched but cannot find specifics. I have recently connected to another iiNet service as my ISP. But, I use Optus for email.  I have been through the SMTP outgoing mail server settings and i think they're correct. But, email won't send. It just sits in the outbox. Could someone please advise me what the settings should be? Obviously the solution won't have my specific info. Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: SMTP email settings

Hey TC537,

I'd suggest running through our troubleshooting on send issues for webmail, and if you're using a third party app instead of the Webmail portal, best to check your settings are correct for the app you're using. 

We also have a thread on setting up Optusnet email that is definitely worth a look.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Aron_YC wrote:

Hey TC537,

I'd suggest running through our troubleshooting on send issues for webmail, and if you're using a third party app instead of the Webmail portal, best to check your settings are correct for the app you're using. 

We also have a thread on setting up Optusnet email that is definitely worth a look.

You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

If you’re trying to send email via Optus from an iiNet (or other ISP) connection then you need to authenticate the SMTP session. For most mail clients this means adding your Optus email username and password to your outgoing email server settings. Alternatively you could use your OptusNet address, but route outgoing email through the iiNet servers.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

0 Kudos