Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

SETTING UP A SECONDARY EMAIL SETUP ON WINDOWS 10 HELP

Last week I purchased a new PC DESKTOP LENOVO..WIN 10 SYSTEM..Given I am the primary account holder and my partner has the second email address..I began by setting up my account without any problems my email flooded in from opusnet!  I then went to my partners side of the new system to proceed with setting up his account..in the same fashion as I did mine and I was astonished that there was no email coming through!  After deleting the account and redoing it ..still no luck!  What am I missing Optus seemed to think it was a password issue but no!  Webmail is still available but like I had on my previous system I want to be able to access my optus mail on this bnew system..Can anyone advise please? After 4 x 35 minutes waiting on line calls to Optus I am none the wiser..

Andy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SETTING UP A SECONDARY EMAIL SETUP ON WINDOWS 10 HELP

What is the email program you are using and after you setup the new email account what error messages did you receive if any?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello the email program came installed on this LENOVO..however when setting up my account I went into add acount..advanced settings..which prompted me to put in email address ..account name..pop3 mail.optusnet.com.au etc..My account is fine his just buffers with text stating waiting on mail..am I doing th right thing here..His account isstems from my primary account one of the 5 additinal email addresses one can have with OPTUS!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes sounds correct to me and given you checked the username and password via webmail it sounds like you are one step ahead of my suggestions. If the mail program hangs on authentication and you are positive the setup is correct then that would suggest the problem is not on your end. Short of intervention from support I would be trying a password change keeping it to something simple for the moment. I understand the password works via webmail however there could be some quirk with your mail client.

You said the mail program came with the computer and I would be interested to know what it is. If you go to the top menu and select help is there an about this program menu?

Edit: just an afterthought just check that login with secure authentication is not ticked.