cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Gummy43
Occasional Contributor

SERVICE DIFFICULTIES??

i HAVE JUST WASTED WELL OVER AN HOUR LOOKING FOR THE ILLUSIVE PHONE NUMBER OF WHAT USED TO BE CALLED "SERVICE DIFFICULTIES"

GOD HIMSELF ONLY KNOWS WHAT ITS CALLED THESE DAYS OR HOW TO FIND IT.

I NEED TO CONTACT MY SISTER ON HER HOME  PHONE BUT AGAIN WHEN I CALL, ALL I GET IS THE PHONE DISCONNECTS WITHING A FEW MILLI SECONDS...IT DOESNT EVEN RING. WHILST THAT MIGHT NOT SEEM URGENT TO SOME PEOPLE, IT IS TO ME BECAUSE i NEED TO KNOW MY AGING SISTER IS/HAS TAKEN ALL OF HER MEDICATIONS. SHE SUFFERS FROM ALTZHYMERS. NOT SERIOUS UNLESS ONE CONSIDERS SHE MIGHT GO WALKING AND FORGET WHERE SHE IS.

I DONT WANT MUCH, I JUST NEED THE ABILITY TO CALL OPTUS TO FIX THEIR BROKEN DOWN PHONE LINE SERVICE THAT SOME OF HAPPEN TO RELY ON. I AM TIRED OF CALLING NUMBERS THAT ALL LEAD TO SALES.

I FAIL TO SEE WHY WE AS CUSTOMERS NEED TO BE PUT THROUGH THIS UNNECESSARY "ASK THE CROWD" WASTED PERIODS WHEN A QUICK 1 OR 2 MINUTES CALL TO A TECH DEPARTMENT CAN GET THE JOB UNDERWAY POST HASTE.

I AM ANNOYED AND FRUSTRATED BY THIS INADEQUITE ATTENTION TO DETAIL. but<<< should some kind human being be able to point me toward the correct phone number, I will be enternally greatfull.... hmm, methinks my sister might also be just as greatfull.

Quite honestly, I am ready to cose my account with optus I am so frustated at the irresponsible way we are treated. It is bloody deplorable.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: SERVICE DIFFICULTIES??

Hi Gummy43,

Not sure why you've had so much trouble finding the phone number to call. My Uncle has altzhymers so I personally definitely appreciate the concern you have for your sister's wellbeing.

On the Contact Us link on the bottom left hand corner of this page, when you click on it you are taken to a page which has the heading "Troubleshooting & Device Help" and displays the number: 13 13 44 (Mon - Fri 8am - 7pm). You posted this on Sunday evening so perhaps you were calling outside of these hours? If that's the case you can type out a message to the Technical Support team and they will contact you back.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Sir, I appreciate your efforts and yes, it was Sunday evening close to 8pm I am genuinely sorry, I had no idea that breakdown in service to customers (sorry, we are no longer customers are we,, ooops, *subscribers*) should only happen between those hours you have kindly provided. I hasten to point out, That is one of the many numbers I tried in desperation and the recorded voice offered several choices which seriously helped me find my way back to sales. I further hasten to point out I found your reply by accident. I curiously pressed one of the icons above in desperation seeking some reason to be guided to this place after getting and email advising you had provided an answer, for which I thank you.
Honestly, I feel some changes are necessary. this is the third day.. I wound up asking if the police wouldnt mind going to her place and checking for my piece of mind. OPTUS? THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND MUST BE ATTENDED TO POST HASTE. I will leave it at that. Thanks to all who give a fats rats arse about people who NEED a phone for communication and not a toy. I think OPTUS have now lost at least one "contributor/customer" if not 3.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It sounds like you're able to contact other numbers fine? So it's a problem with your sisters phone/service? (Aside from the police) has anybody been over there or the people she lives with checked if the phone is connected properly?

Is her service with Optus? Who is the account holder for the service? Have they attempted to contact Optus?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Ray? I just calledthat number you so kindly offered and was immediately given 3 choices 2 regarding sales and the 3rd to speak to a team member. I pressed #3 The recorded voice offered 4 more choices NONE OF WHICH MENTIONED SERVICE DIFFICULTIES BUT..? did ask me if I was calling about assorted communication devices 4 or 5 choices as I recall but not one made any mention about technical service of any type or kind.
From this, I gleen that OPTUS REALLY DOESNT GIVE A FAT RAT'S ARSE ABOUT US AT ALL.
Correct me should I be wrong, but if a service is down would that not have some kind of energy expended in getting the CUSTOMER back on line? After all, OPTUS cant make any money at all while the user is off-line. This is a communication business is it not?
Once apon a time way back in fairy tail land the term SERVICE DIFFICULTIES was in big bold black letters and numerals in phone boxes, books, advertising etc etc etc. now its hidden so well that I dont think even the employees can find it. even then its given a new name that also hides the real reason. Has OPTUS gotten so big thatit no longer cares? It seems so. Thank you for reading so far. end.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Are you able to help me to try and help you by answering the questions in my previous response?

I just called the number myself, for a Faults number I'm going to have to agree with you that they aren't the best options provided but choosing 3 and then 3 again and entering the home phone number (I don't have one myself) should take you to the right area. I sit next to the team that controls the IVR so I'll be letting them know directly. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ray at least I now DONT feel like a complete grouch but seriously I now understand what make grumpy old men,,stupid wastes of time!! I often wonder what grain of sand some have as a brain,, to hide such a much needeed service so deeply inside an area that the vast majority of people never go? but I digress. sorry. Today is Wednesday evening and 7:25pm and we are still chatting about something that used to be attended to and forgotten within an hour on the very same evening. Thank you for following up, your efforts are much appreciated. after 3 full days of steaming and fuming, I am starting to cool down. Thank you sir, a man among men!
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Not too sure how much I've helped with this one but if I've at least made you feel a bit better that's a good outcome. You're welcome 🙂 

0 Kudos