cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

SAGEMCOM 5366TN modem, drop outs

I have a Sagemcom 5366TN modem, every morning when I turn the computer on the internet has dropped out.  The four lights; power, DSL, Phone and Internet are lit and the landline phone works, I reported to Optus,  Report No. 22974674, on 19.8.20,  I was told a tech would contact me, but no contact was made with me.  When I reset the modem by turning it off for 30 seconds and back on again the internet works all day.  As soon as I turn the computer off, when I later re-start the computer the internet is out again.

I am pretty sure my modem was damaged in recent local thunder and lightning storms. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: SAGEMCOM 5366TN modem, drop outs

Possibly a set up issue with your PC.

1 When the internet goes out try access the modem wifi with your phone (mobile data off). Is the internet out?

2. Try change your PC network settings to a fixed up address (not auto). Eg 192.168.0.100

3. Possible up conflicts. Check the DHCP range settings on the modem

4. As a possible fix, buy a $5 power point plug timer. Set it to turn your modem off for 15 minutes at 4am every day.

5. Do you have a small NBN modem too?

6. End of the day Optus must supply a working router as part of there service. They'll swap it over if they can't fix the fault and you insist.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for replying.  Since my post a mere four hours ago I have been contacted by Optus and they acknowledge the problem with the modem and have informed me they will replace the modem. Thank you PeterGdownload

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Just bear in mind a new modem may fix the issue (do try connect to the the wifi as suggested just as a test of sorts). Hopefully the new modem does sort it though (Good on Optus to agree so quickly and they do tend to courier out the replacements fast)

If you are still stuck, you know where to find us.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure your ne modem is sagemom 5366LTE as the TN has not got 4g bak up.

0 Kudos