cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor JasonS5613
New Contributor

Re: SAGECOM F@ST 3864 Admin Password (also - VOIP not working with bridged routers)

Brian T,

Firstly Thanks fpr this post, It is a shame we have to go to these efforts to gain access to basic info.

I have accessed admin login, I can't see navigating through menus there is a bridge mode option?  Am I missing something?  I was hoping to bridge the SAGECOM F@ST 3864 and use my ASUS RT-AC87U, FTTP ready (had it connected through CountryTell wireless, but trees and bandwidth reduction meant dialup speed 1-2 Mbps).  We are a FTTN area Smiley Sad.  Current peak time speeds on Optus FTTN 25 plan (1.4km from node) 23 ish down, 4.5 ish up, so will by happy if I get the ASUS working without replacing for VDSL2 compliant model.  Any help appreciated.

Jason

0 Kudos
New Contributor Roshee007
New Contributor

Re: SAGECOM F@ST 3864 Admin Password (also - VOIP not working with bridged routers)

1) No there is no effective bridge option available in Sagemcom

2) After you have access to your account and voip details, you can use your preffered router as your primary, I have been using my Fritz since two years with no issues.

3) If your preffered router does not have VOIP, you can cascade the Sagemcom to your primary router and enjoy your VOIP off the Sagemcom.

NOTE: my Sagemcom has been sitting in the cupboard all this time...

0 Kudos
New Contributor SRDudley
New Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks so much for this excellent post, I have used it to get into my modem, but I am trying to upload a txt file to the modem but it does not seem to be accepting it, I have taken a copy of the decrypted bacupsettings.conf and save it as bacupsettings.conf and bacupsettings.conf.txt in notepad, made some changes and then tried to upload to the modem, but does not seem to work.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Trigon
Occasional Contributor

Watch the file extention. It should be something.conf but if you opened it in notepad it might be saved as something.conf.txt so Look at your folder options, and untick "Hide extention for known file types" ... it may be that the .txt is hidden. Rename the file if this is the case to just take off the .txt part but leave the something.conf (It may winge that this is not a known file type, but it is for the Sagecom.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Eagle-Nine
New Contributor

Hi BrainT,

I have tried using your instructions on how to get my admin password but it will not work for me.

i have download the encyrted program and then found the password and copied to the  https://www.base64decode.org/ 

and got the password but when i try it it doesnot work.

Any ideas

0 Kudos
New Contributor passionflower
New Contributor

Re: SAGECOM F@ST 3864 Admin Password

THANK YOU MickD!!!

I have been trying to do this for the past hour and optus was no help for the password!!!!!

Let's hope my 14 yo son isn't as smart as me!!! LOL

0 Kudos
New Contributor i-dub
New Contributor

Thanks, Brian! The method definitely worked to access the password, and with that I've been able to change the username/p'word for internet access, thus giving access to our new ISP.

While that's working fine, now I can't access the modem at all. Initially I can work through the original browser window, in which I see the menu items on the left side of the browser window, but the main information in the middle of the screen and the 'status' window in the top right has sad faces.

If ever I try to access the modem, be it as user or admin, I receive a message saying:

This page isn’t working

192.168.0.1 didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

The only way I can get back into the modem is to reset it to factory settings once more.

Any further tips on how to navigate this little hiccup?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Snappydragon
New Contributor

This came from another post which I can't find now but for Parental Controls/Setup and Config/Advanced settings:

Username: optus

Password: is your wifi password written on the base of modem

New Contributor btoohey
New Contributor

Awesome info, thanks! 

Will this work in unlocking the router to use with a non-Optus ISP?

0 Kudos
New Contributor TheMF_Sourcerer
New Contributor

Behold!!!

Username: optus

Password: #the password written on the base of modem

Wingardium Leviosa

Top Contributors