Searching...

Re: SAGECOM F@ST 3864 Admin Password (also - VOIP not working with bridged routers)

[ Edited ]
Srip

Hi BrianT, n Crowd 

Thanks a lot for your post to decrypt the admin password, I am using a Mac ( huh!! I know ) and unable find any decryption software to decrypt the .conf file. Now, my problem is i am trying to use the Optus provided  SAGECOM F@ST 3864 modem to connect to Exetel NBN. Having all sorts of issues. if you have a chance please help me with few steps to connect. I hope this changing admin passwprd will allow me to unlock the modem. 

i am connected to modem using

username : optus

Password: optus

when i click on Home/My Network / Connect to ADSL2+ , It connects to <username>@optusnet.com.au by default. 

If i chnage the userid , Password of the new ISP, it will reset to Optus back again. 

Please help to reset this modem to use new ISP.appreciate your help. Thanks in advance

Sri 

Re: SAGECOM F@ST 3864 Admin Password (also - VOIP not working with bridged routers)

jabbajaws77

Hey Sri

There should be a checkbox option in the adsl2 connection settings that says x connecting to Optus. You should only need to remove the x or tick in the box to allow it to login to another network.

Jabba

* Don't forget to mark the post that solves your query and give Kudos for helpful comments Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Srip

Hi Jabba 

thanks gor response. I did it so many times. Every time I refresh it sets back the user id to Optusnet and then tick is selected back. If I enter the new isp credentials then it comes as access denied. Tried those options

thanks

sri

linuts

Just bfound this thread...i have a SagecomF@st3864HP and need the admin password. i followed the links and used the decrypt app but the backupsettings.conf.txt file looks like this (ÉײL=Py¾ÿßê&Û1àÿý+\WY؝#ø¤¡@YmØ1 Ä„ˆù&(çÖ²ªš(²VS6â
lŽ‰® Nf]ôFÔ†)
õ’<×λõ8·÷IÁ)D•±>¦J˜9fÓ@3I0ðñ«N!
Â,G XX±j¥‘DXG|Ë÷˜1Ÿy)

No plain text at all  any help in getting this sorted would be appreciated.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
63 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos