Searching...

Re: SAGECOM F@ST 3864 Admin Password

Mickd

Hi all if its not known yet the username is optus and password is optus i had to work it out so i could stop my 14 year old son changing parental controls 😀

Re: SAGECOM F@ST 3864 Admin Password (also - VOIP not working with bridged routers)

chasman2

Hey there....Has anyone yet solved the problem of either:

- unlocking the SAGEM so I can set my own DNS server (for OpenDNS)

- bridging the SAGEM to another router (eg. netgear - so I can set my own DNS settings)

AND...geting the VOIP phone to work on the NBN?

As reported elsewehere - phone calls can be received (somethomes but not reliably) - we have dialtone most of the time but cannot dial out successfully.

Thanks -Chasman

Re: SAGECOM F@ST 3864 Admin Password (also - VOIP not working with bridged routers)

BrianT

To unlock the POS sagemcom:

1. log into the modem 192.168.0.1 and go to management, settings, and back up the settings.

You will get a backupsettings.conf file.

This is all encrypted now.

slip over to https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4-Ln6UubyEeMmhRQVZHQmNoeTA and download the decryption tool (password is 'password')

Open the file in the decryption tool, then you will have clean text configuration. copy and paste this to Notepad, save it.

within the file, look for <AdminPassword>XXXXXXXXXXXXX==</AdminPassword>, the XXXXXXX is the password (in BASE64 encryption.

copy it, paste it https://www.base64decode.org/ 

This will give you the actual password.

http://admin:XXXXXX@192.168.0.1/main.html

Now your in. Use the password to change the password, you can even manually modify the text-version of the configuration and upload it back into the unit now with modified passwords, you can enable Telnet, and adjust other parameters, you can also find your SIP details (the password is BASE64, so use the same decoding website for that as well).

I find it sad that your ISP can not provide you the passwords, even with a clause that if you muck it up, you risk your connection failing and your phone failing, how3ever without adequite access to your own hardware, your network is vulnerable to attack.

Hope this helps you out, I have cracked 2 of the sagemcom boxes with this method already, and looking at cracking a few more!

Krjal

Thank you so much for making the process so simple, mate. I really appreciate the effort you put into the post.

I'll be trying this tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't fry my brain like talking to Optus 'support' does and I'll remember to report back Smiley Happy

Luci_Lou

Hi there,

I can't download the decryption tool, it just keeps timing out.  Any ideas?

Highlighted

fdr

Brian you are an absolute legend.  The tool worked great!

I just signed up to this forum only to thank you personally.

Juschatn

Hello

l'm looking for some remedial tips if you could please. I'm a novice and following these instructions so I can access my DNS servings. I've hit a snag at the first decrypt stage. If I try to open the backup file in the decryption tool the file is still encrypted , if I try to extracting- the tool says can't do as archive file. 

What might I be doing wrong? Thank-you 

Juschatn

Semi-success 

Found the password and decoded it. 

Using the URL format above I get a Phising warning, then when I continue a login box with OPTUS as the user name. Tried pasting the password in. Goes around in a loop and finally get into the basic setting page only. Smiley Sad

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

Juschatn

Well after a lot of hours learning all about decryption tools and base64 decoding I have learnt two things

1. I can't use the base64 decoder correctly because I still had an encrypted character in the password. Why it decoded 8 out of the 9 characters and not all, I don't know. I will stick to my day job. 

2. The admin access seems generic. My hours of working out what I was doing wrong in following the instructions above and similar on another discussion thread were very educational but not required. A Whirlpool community member has posted the hyperlink solution on the second last post here  https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2649921

Thank-you. A lot more educated and at the end of the day I simply have access to my DNS settings again. I promise not to play with the other settings Mr OPTUS because I'm a novice, you could have trusted me and made this process a lot easier. Smiley Happy

User2405

Thank you BrianT!!

All I needed to do was change the DNS settings and you have been more helpful than Optus has.

Thank you so much for your work!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos