Searching...

Router password lock out

Whyterider

I previously had the white router (with no end of problems) and I could not get the router password to work. I'd try and input a new password, using password as the old one. The router would then lock and never allow access, even using ADMIN and PASSWORD as the access codes. Every try  to get this simple function activated reqired a hard reset of the router. Technical was no help and could never fix it or get it to worlk either. They always said they would look into it and call me back. Never heard a thing.

Got the new black Sagemcom router, thought I'd try to lock the router. The user name was set as optus and could not be changed. It asked to enter old pass word, as did the white router (password) and enter new password twice (as did the white router) but it came back as failed, and locked the router AGAIN. 

Optus, password dont work. Admin, password dont work. What i set the password to, dont work. WTF is going on with this rubbish? How do i now access the rought without yet another hard reset? I can no longer access the settings now. 

Re: Router password lock out

Jax_K

Hey @Whyterider, admin and password should work. If you're unable to access the router settings you'll need to factory reboot the modem. Can you try this again and then try logging in using admin and password and then let me know how this goes without using any other passwords? If you're still having trouble can you send through a PM with your full name, date of birth and account number?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

Joyce123

I'm currently having the exact same issue! Failed as soon as I tried to choose a password (as username could not be changed and only option was optus), now i'm locked out and all passwords whether it be the one I actually choose or the default ones do not work... 

Whyterider

I did eventually get it to work, took about 8 goes, re-setting the router every time. Optus and password is what you need (not admin and password). That's what I used anyway. The stuff optus supply is pure garbage, and the help they provide is useless, your on your own.

There seems to be a common thing with optus and passwords as I'm forever having to reset mine. Just to leave this reply took about half hour of trying to reset my password.

Not because I'd forgotten it (my MacBook saves it and auto enters) but for some reason I always have trouble with optus and passwords.

Joyce123

Cannot agree more with that! I used to have to change my optus account password everytime I wanted to check my account before thr app. Optus is frustating me to the point where I'm considering paying out cancellation fees just to have peace of mind! Anyways thank you as I just got it to work, really appreciate the reply! Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
31 Kudos