Searching...
Highlighted

Rocket League Lag/High Ping on Servers beginning with OCE-7..

TPAP

I'm having ping issue above 130 when connecting to OCE servers begining with OCE7"".
All my Telstra friends are fine. Other mates with Optus are having the same issues.
When connecting to other servers it's fine. Only servers begining with OCE7.

Re: Rocket League Lag/High Ping on Servers beginning with OCE-7..

sox316

Same here. Been happening since at least 2pm this afternoon. I called Optus tech support and was told it was congestion, but there are a bunch of people on Reddit experiencing the same thing. Optus customers only. I'm on NBN (fttn) in Newcastle, one guy I talked to was on Optus Cable in Melbourne. It can't be congestion for all of us. Speedtest.net results look usual. Ping 12, 23mb d/l, 5mb u/l.

Something's going on.

TPAP

Tested a few servers, this seems to have been fixed for me this morning. Hopefully it has for you too.

sox316

I'm still having issues with servers with just numbers in the name. e.g I just played on OCE726277 and had ping around 150. Team mate had the same. Asked if he was with Optus - of course he was. 

Next game was on a server called OCE-Marauder (or something like that). Ping was 12. It only happens on servers with just numbers in the server name, but only to Optus customers. Very strange.

CalebLangford

Rip this has been happening to me since yesterday as well. Hopefully it is fixed soon. It could be because of all the NBN upgrades across Mid North Coast I guess which could cause congestion, because the Servers starting with the numbers could be located in this path? Idk just making theories.

[ Edited ]
JohnHolmes

Funny. My post on my experience with this keeps disappearing after succesfully posting. WOW

JohnHolmes

I emailed Psyonix and received some instuctions on port fowarding, which they though might help. Being not too knowledgeable (and trying quite a few times to follow the intructions) I phoned Optus tech support. Don't waste your time speaking to Optus. Here is my experience:

I spoke to Optus tech support and got some guy that I dont think could read his flow chart properly. He told me to go into the wireless connection settings. I said my connection is cabled, not wireless. He was insistent on going into wireless because there were settings that needed to be changed. So I change the three settings that he specified and tried to save the changes. Got the message "Cant save changes as wireless is disabled". This surprised him and I told him again wireless is turned off because I dont use it. He said that port fowarding should be done by the game company, then he power cycled the modem and said it should be fixed. Of course nothing has been fixed, he just didnt know what he was talking about and wanted to get rid of me. Just wasted more time with Optus tech support. He said I should hire a technician to help with port fowarding as Optus tech support cant help with it. I just hung up, I cant stand any more BS. They tried the congestion reasoning with me too. Why does it affect only OCE7 servers and no other Rocket League servers?

sox316

I reported it to Psyonix and it has been esacalted so hopefully they can sort it out. Quite a few people reporting it on Reddit too. It might be a problem with the server hosts.

FreshCakes

Can report i'm experiencing the same - Pings ~150 up from 40 since the weekend. Optus FTTN NBN 100/40

TPAP

Having the same issues again.. I just know the people on the phone are going to have no idea. Does Optus even monitor these forums.

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
23 Kudos
7 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos