Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Anson1234
New Contributor
New Contributor

Return the broadband device after ADSL service cancellation

I have cancelled my optus ADSL service when I received the wifi modem. As the modem can not be used in my home. The technican let me call the 133937 to return the device. But I cannot find any category about returning and any staff service. How can I return this device? I have already recevied a $200 bill for this service. The service phone is nothing but a branch of robot answers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Return the broadband device after ADSL service cancellation

I certainly don't want to seem like a robot.....

Have you had a look at the following information?

cancelling-services-returning-equipment

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Return the broadband device after ADSL service cancellation

Hey @Anson1245, I'm sorry we weren't able to get you sooner. You want information on how you can organise for the return of your WiFi modem or Yes Tv by Fetch set top box? In most cases we'll simply ask that you dispose of the modem in an environmentally friendly manner or keep it as a spare. If it's a Fetch set top box then we do need to ensure that this has been returned. A non-return fee may apply if the device isn't returned within 30 days of cancelling the service. Were we unable to service your home with ADSL broadband at all? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos