cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Return Kit for Modem not sent by Optus

Needing to return a modem but Optus is not supplying the return kit. How can I get one? Not coming from Optus direct and shop won't take it back.

Purchased on 10th June,  cancelled contract on 12th under coverage guarantee due to (obviously) lack of coverage. Acknowledged by Optus. Bill for $218.18 arrived 12th. Kit was supposed to be sent. Nothing as of today June 25th

Multiple other attempts to get kit, met with promises but no action. Finally on June 19th seems hopeful - advised kit would arrive in 2-3 days. Still nothing today and calls have been met with hangups on transferring 'to the right department' with one department 'having technical difficulties'. 

I have a feeling this will turn into a David and Goliath incident when they send the demand letters for bill payments, yet I am really trying to return the modem.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Return Kit for Modem not sent by Optus

@Trying2Return  I would go the old fashioned way and send a letter to
Optus Customer Relations Group PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106

Being a letter they have to act on it. 

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Good advise. thanks. May even send it with a tracking facility.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey Trying2Return

if you send our social media team a message on Facebook or Twitter, they'll be able to take a look into this for you and assist.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks. Will add that to my attempts. Disappointing that after all the drama someone from Optus hasn't actually contacted me with a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Trying2Return  Lodge a complaint at https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/feedback-and-complaints/lodge-a-complaint instead of sending a letter.

It will take a while to get anyone to call you.

0 Kudos