cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Bill_Shanahan
Occasional Contributor

Restore settings of Sagemcom F@st 3864 gateway from backup

I would like to restore settings for my Sagemcom gateway from backup. Although the option to create a backup is easily found, the option to restore settings from backup is either missing or subtly hidden. I'm hoping it's the latter - could someone help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Restore settings of Sagemcom F@st 3864 gateway from backup

Hi @Bill_Shanahan

Have you checked out our online device guide here

O
ur Live Chat team should be able to assist further: https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I'd already looked at the device guide, but it doesn't address the subject. It's just a series of screen shots with nothing much that isn't already obvious from looking at the screens. A search for "restore settings from backup" gives no results.

I'll give live chat a try.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I had a live chat, with the result that I was advised that there is no way to restore settings from backup. It would be reasonable update the documentation to advise that the backup function is useless, and that users should keep a record of the their settings in some other form (eg settings screen prints) in the event that settings were lost.

Perhaps Optus could also take out a patent for their unique write-only backup technology!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors