Searching...

Restarting Optus supplied modem

T-rav

I have Optus cable and am waiting for a speed pack to be activated. Firstly let me start off by asking you to forgive my ignorance in this matter but if I wanted to restart the Optus supplied modem, is it the black box that I restart or the other thing? To be honest I don’t know which one the modem is? Thankyou in advance.

Re: Restarting Optus supplied modem

Jeneral__Pain

The modem they refer to, is the Netgear CM450 (it's the box that plugs into the wall with the bolt like connectors). 

Can you restart it? Sure, will it speed up the process, no it won't.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Highlighted

Re: Restarting Optus supplied modem

T-rav

Thankyou for explaining. So, having waited 3 weeks already for the speed pack , am I to believe that that is “normal” for Optus? I am a new Optus customer who was on Telstra adsl2 for years and recently changed over to Optus cable.I felt that Telstra were reasonably useless in any dealings I had with them but so far Optus have been both rude and unhelpful to put it mildly. So 3 weeks is normal for Optus? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos