Searching...

Reset modem after piwer outage

Sal1954

Power outage at home now back on.

Can't get phone line or cable internet up & working.

Have unplugged modem & hit reset button to no avail.

Help please...

Re: Reset modem after piwer outage

SillyGogo

Did you reset the modem after unpluging the power? If so, then try push the reset button reset the modem with power.

If that didn't work then contact optus to see if there is something stuck on the network because of the power outage. 

A power surge when the power restored could damaged your modem. My cable internet modem was damaged, together with a few equipement connected via the Lan cable few years ago from a lightning storm. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

My modem wasn't working after a strike too. Optus replaced it after a week!! and then charged $119 ripp off. Never mentioned this charge beforehand.

SillyGogo

sorry to hear about the charge, maybe reach out to technical support via livechat to see if they can assist with the charge. If it is caused by natural then optus might not cover the cost. good luck

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos