Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Theresa2553
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Replies to me bounce for the sender

I can send emails but when someone tries to reply to my email it bounces back.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Replies to me bounce for the sender

What do the bounced messages say? If your mail box is full or you have the wrong address on the reply to this can cause bounced messages.

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Theresa2553  As a test send an email to yourself, using the same account. If it is delivered then reply.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Theresa2553
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I send the email; the recipient tries to reply to the email and it doesn't send for them. I am not sure if it's somewhere in my settings that I have typed an error in the email address to reply to. I am using Outlook Express on a MacBook Air.

0 Kudos
Theresa2553
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hmm. I tried to send an email to mu Optus account from my work email address and it hasn't been delivered. Not sure why

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ask them if the address they have replied to has the correct spelling. If you type the wrong address in the reply to field when setting up your email the emails will send but the address will be wrong when they hit reply.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Theresa2553  Email addresses get stored in cache and if at some time the wrong address has been entered  the program will keep entering the incorrect address even if you have the correct address in you contacts.
Have a google on how to delete cached email addresses from the email applications you are using. 

I am an Optus user.
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yep I assume its more than one person that is getting bounced messages however the auto complete can cause this problem.

Theresa2553
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They are not typing an address - they are just hitting 'reply"

0 Kudos
Top Contributors