Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Replacing modem

Hello

My old modem broke and my friend gave me their old cg3000v2 modem. I connected, it connects but it does not provide internet. I went to the newmodem.optusnet.com.au to self provision the modem but when I log in I get the below error.
ERROR

Error Code : 101

Failed to get old cable modem for username : ********. Please record this error code and contact Technical Support on 1300 300 693 for further information.

I can't get through to optus support as I wait on hold for an hour then I get recorded message that they are having technical problems and messaging though the optus app has been painful as I have been transferred around as no one knows about this issue.

Is there anything that can be done?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Replacing modem

Are you using Optus Cable or NBN?

Disconnect your friend's modem from the wall. Do factory reset. Power off. Reconnect to the wall and power it back on. Give it about 5 minutes to pick up the settings.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Silly

Its optus cable. I gave it a go and unfortunately its still the same 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Maybe things has changed with Optus. In the past, you just need to connect another Optus cable adaptor and it will pick up the settings. Is your line active and functional?

The next step is to contact optus via Facebook to have it look at.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes the line is active and functional. Just issue with modem. Old modem's board just went when we turned it off and on.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Thats a bummer, try to contact Optus and have it look at.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Maybe have a look on Gumtree for CM500v

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/camp-hill/modems-routers/netgear-cm500v-1-nbn-cable-modem/1224495450

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/frankston/modems-routers/wireless-model-and-router-cable-internet-ne...

Its the later version of the Optus Cable Adaptor. Not sure if it will work but if around $5-$20 then worth the try while you wait.

0 Kudos