cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor grantj
New Contributor

Removing Legacy Optus Vision Box From House

Hi,

I could not find an answer for this anywhere on the website, and I was unable to connect to a phone operator to discuss this as there was no suitable option.

I have a legacy Optus Vision box mounted to the side of the house. It connects to the overhead wires and distributes two connection points through the house.

I have no need for this service, and I don't think it even exists any more. There may still be some current going through the system (tested with a multimetre).

I would like the entire system removed from the house, but don't want to cause any network disruptions to the neighbourhood if any television/internet service is still present on the system. Will Optus remove the system?

Thanks! Grant.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Contributor jonsyd
Contributor

Re: Removing Legacy Optus Vision Box From House

Call them on 133937. Select Tv general enquiries and they'll sort it out
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Ian
RetiredModerator

Howdy grantj - johnsyd is spot on. Give them a call and then let us know if you need any further assistance on this one.

0 Kudos
New Contributor muli
New Contributor

How does one have this box removed now? I have called Optus a few times and no one seems to know what I am talking about. I am getting very frustrated.

I bought this house last year and I am not an Optus customer. They keep asking me for my Optus account details, which I obviously can't provide!

The service does not even exist anymore, I just want the cables removed from my house. They are hanging low and dangerously and the box was blow apart after the recent Sydney storms and now more cables are exposed, so it's dangerous.

Can I please have a proper contact number to have this resolved ASAP or for them to contact me! PLEASE!

Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey muli, sorry to hear about the experience and this is something we can help out with. I've just sent you a PM.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor grantj
New Contributor

Hi - Have come back to this issue (finally). I tried calling Optus but no-one could assist because Optus Vision no longer exists. I just want to remove the box before the house gets a coat of paint!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey grantj

I can see the last post here Pete asked you to PM him your details. We can definitely get this sorted for you, please PM me your name, address and contact number so I can sort this out Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor miketodaro
New Contributor

I also need this done at a property I have just purchased. Tried calling but got transferred around a few times before being told of extremely long wait times, so I hung up.

Can someone pls assist??

thx

New Contributor grantj
New Contributor

I got it all sorted in early January. I rang Optus back and spoke to their internet services team about removing the cable box. The technician came the next day. Thanks!

0 Kudos
New Contributor AntonyD
New Contributor

Hi,  

I've spoken to two people at Optus (or your call centre) who could not help me at all. They sounded very confused by the request to remove the legacy box.  Can someone please contact me as I need to get the box removed ASAP?

Regards, Antony

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors