Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Gads
New Contributor
New Contributor

Remove Overhead Optus cable

I have a permit to demolish an old house in Geelong.

Power and gas have been abolished and the only thing holding us up is the Optus Cable.

I have called Optus several times and been on hold for an hour at least each time.

It was too hard for them to book the job as the address has never had an account.

I was assured that I would be contacted but am still waiting for the call.

I need to have this cable removed URGENTLY.

If I cannot get any assitance by next week, the demo guys will just disconnect it and leave it dangling.

Enough is enough. Hopeless to deal with.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Remove Overhead Optus cable

IME they just give a guy in a van a list and he drives around at random disconnecting them when he's in the area. Hopefully you'll find it gone soon. Otherwise no need for it to hold you up.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey there @Gads, I'm sorry to hear that you've had some difficulty getting a removal booked for the address 😞

Can you please PM me with the address in question? We'll see what we can do to get this sorted for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Gads, this wouldn't be an Optus cable as we don't offer HFC in Geelong. I believe iiNet do, have you checked with them?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos