Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Removal old Optus vision box & cable

Hello, we are demolishing our house and need the old Optus vision box & overhead cable removed. How do I go about organising this? Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Removal old Optus vision box & cable

Hi Jk023,

Removal of an Overhead Cable

Please note: Customers / property owners must not tamper with and / or remove any Optus equipment or related cabling, as there is a risk the equipment or cabling may have live power running through it. This includes scenarios where you may be undertaking renovations or repairs to the building.

To organise removal of an existing Optus overhead cable please contact Home Phone General & Billing enquiries on 133 937. You don't need to be an Optus customer to request removal of an inactive overhead cable.

Customers have reported that making this request over the phone can be hit and miss, if you have any trouble refer them to this help and support page or if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Removal old Optus vision box & cable

Good Luck @Jk023  🙄
I have a similar problem in trying to get an obsolete optus cable removed from damaged power pole, so I can remove the pole before it falls down.

Have had 4 booking for technicians over last 3 months and each and every time they never show up…

No phone call, no notification, nothing…!

Power cables have already been removed promptly by power company months ago, but Optus cannot seem do the same.

@Ray_YC So what happens to all these uncompleted bookings? they just don’t exist anymore?  
Or will four technicians turn up at some random times in the next 5-10 years maybe…

0 Kudos