Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Removal of overhead cabling required

I have some optus overhead cabling I need removed I can see some people have had a similar run around to me trying to get support. I had the service cancelled a month ago and was told I need to ring another number to have the cable removed. I called 133 937 as advised to book through the mobile app. The mobile app won't let me logon anymore as I am no longer a customer.

I got a number online 1800 505 777 to call and I've just spent 34 minutes on hold waiting for someone to answer. 

Can anyone help me so that we can have this cabling removed? We are wanting to have the house demolished and this needs to be out of the way before we can do it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Removal of overhead cabling required

Its not a real electric cable so hopefully someone just puts on some rubber gloves and cuts it and rolls it up back to the street for you.

But failing that contacting Optus at the moment is extremely difficult. Getting a cable sorted was a bit of a run around before most of the call centres got shut down. Just have to keep trying. Sometimes you'll get a booking and other times its just a note taken and someone just drives around and dismantles them you don't need to be there. Two possible ways:

Slower:

Write to the official complaints address and your requirement will be dealt with in due course (If you want to cancel for example Optus will backdate charges to the dates in the letter)

Customer Relations Group, PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106.

Faster:

Dial 133 937

Mon - Fri: 8am - 7pm (AEDT)
Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEDT)

Don't press 1 and hold the line, you'll either be on hold and get through to someone or get the standard IVR to enter your service number and follow the prompts and press 3 to cancel.

Times can vary from a few minutes to many hours.