cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Relocation optus service

I am moving to a nearby suburb and asked for relocating my optus broadband services. They ar giving me a date 20 days later which is more than 10 business days what they say. Me and my wife work from home and cant survive without an internet. Can I do something about it, like pay some fees to get it on urgent basis? Atleast you should have something to accomodate for urgent situations. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Relocation optus service

I am not aware of any process to expedite the relocation service. Do you not have a mobile that you could tether or possibly purchase a cheap prepaid broadband device in the interim?

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

FWIW Optus don't have to rellocate your plan. They technically sell to your specific address and if you move that's your choice. However they do do their best to switch you over. NB I wouldn't count on the 20 days being 20 days either,that seems like it could easily become more.

You don't say what suburb you are moving to. You should be able to get mobile broadband in your area. It will cost $200 to set up but you can get it right now and its a no hassle. $70 month to month with the second month free at the moment. Cancel when you have confirmed the landline is up and running. Note 12 Mbps download max.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Saurabh,

It really depends on the Network we're relocating the service onto. We always suggest putting in your relocation order at least two weeks ahead of your planned move date.

If you're relocating to an address that's serviceable for ADSL, we're looking at a minimum of 10 business days from the day in which the order has been input. We'll also send you an SMS with a confirmed connection date within 3 business days. We cannot expedite these type of relocation requests

If NBN or Optus HFC is available at the new address, it's usually a much quicker process. In some instances, we may be able to expedite the process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos