Searching...
Highlighted

Relocation of service

RobertsClan

Wow! What a total joke! 

We have moved house and weeks before we even moved I put in a relocation order to ensure our service would be connected by the time we moved in. Or so I thought that’s what would have happened. 

Obviously the internet was not connected. I spoke to someone on chat and they told me I had to come back to chat on the Monday (it was a Friday) to put in yet another relocation order as they can’t do it over the weekend. Bit annoying but ok fine will come back Monday.

Monday comes and I went on chat again to ask them to put the order in. Person I spoke to says they will put it in again. Cool. Sorted. Haha nope.... 

The next day I thought I’d just double check to make sure it was processing... what do you know, it’s been cancelled again... without our knowledge! Lucky I checked on it. All the staff i spoke to on chat were telling me different things. Lost track of how many people I actually spoke to. 

So I phoned. Got put on hold. Got hung up on. Great! 

Go on chat again to get yet another relocation order in. The person says they have done it. Speak to someone the next day to check it’s processing again and only get the response ‘you will receive an email in 5 days of the verification of your relocation order’ 

Wasn’t what I was asking but ok. I have given up. 

How hard is it for them to change the address on your service. What a joke this is. Considering telling them to cancel our service and will go elsewhere. 

Anyone else had problems like this? How long did it take to get resolved because it feels like I never will here. 

Re: Relocation of service

Jeneral__Pain

What service are you getting at the new address?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

julianlhe

Similar crap experience. 

These jokers decided to up my monthly by AUD20 per month and forced me to contract for 2 years just to relocate. 

And it's impossible to get hold of someone to change the appointment times. You'll get passed 10 times on my call centre. 

*(*&#(#$ explenative which is apparently not allowed on this forum (*&^

Good luck. Telstra is not any better btw. 

cheers

alexit

Yep total optus BS

Im only battling for a week or so but the BS I have been told just blows my mind

After I booked the relocation I got an email with instructions on what to do... including emailing document to prove occupany of the house... no problem email sent to the email link OPTUS PROVIDED in the email!

when I queried what was going on days later I was told the email address I sent the info too was NOT VALID... optus gave me that email address!

dumbfounded!

Anyway another date give... another date missed... everyday I’m told something else.

15yrs plus with optus why do I bother

alexit

Still no internet btw...

yesterday was told via the totally shot chat service.... which seems to be the ONLY way you can contact optus....

” I will personally take responsibility for this and call you back... the severice will be connected within 24hrs... I have just spoken to the back end team”

Judging by the other posts on this site, I am not alone with this BS. Seems to be the norm for OPTUS SH*T

!

Ray_YC

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue.
This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us again or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

alexit

Well finally got my service up 

For a total of 2 days!

Now it’s down again and all the “points of contact to help you resolve the issue” are quiet and not responding.

I did get a slightly pathetic email saying that they can see I was not using my service for X days so we will credit your account X plus 2 days... wow thanks optus... I’m more concernded with all the time I wasted chatting to people who could offer nothing to help the situation.

The only laugh I had in this whole situation was when the NBN tech says while talking to the optus”tech support”... “ These guys are so dumb, they have no idea what they are talking about...”

That made me laugh so much!

thanks mate

RobertsClan

Hi,

Sorry I’ve only just gotten back to you!! 

I feel for you!! It is such BS! I was told the same things as you. I ended up telling them to cancel our service and I was not going to be paying the cancellation fee. So it has been cancelled and we are now with Exetel (never heard of them till I was looking around) They are actually very good and way cheaper too. Might be worth a look. Smiley Happy 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
67 Kudos
48 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos