Searching...
Highlighted

Relocation issues

NotConnected

I submit my request to move on 14th May. Moving day is 24th May. No service is active. No phone line. No internet. I've called or online chatted almost every day and still on the 19th June no service. A whole range of excuses has been delivered in this time. I go from pre-activation team to activation team to tech team and so on.

Today I'm delivered the answer that in nearly 4 calendar weeks and 17 business date since my agreed activation date that they've still failed to get Telstra to turn up to the exchange to plug in the cable.

This is after I spend yet another hour on the phone with someone who proceeds to do line tests. I ask the question, can you call the phone? No. No dial tone. Doesn't connect. That would be why your ADSL doesn't work.

It will take another 48-72 business hours to review your case and provide an update. That'll take me to the 24th of June and 1 calendar month since it should be active.

The worst part is I've had at least 5 different customer service people who have promised to call me at different points with an update. Of which none ever called to give an update. Maybe they tried the landline that's still not connected?

I can only say, this is the customer service nightmare I wish anyone else even thinking about changing to avoid. The back office teams clearly have no idea or won't tell the truth and are willing to offer blatant lies on recorded lines and in chat with no recourse from the customer side.

Oh and if you want to raise a formal complaint, please allow 3-5 business days for a response because they are flat out busy dealing with complaints.

Stay away!

Re: Relocation issues

Jeneral__Pain

Sadly, the complaints team are also loaded down with people who don't wish to do what you have done (follow the correct process and attempt to resolve their concerns first). So they jump straight to the complaints team expecting a click of the finger response.

I'm basing from reading your post that you were trying to get Optus ADSL2? 

Did the premises have a phone line?

Did this phone line have dial tone on it or not?

If there is dial tone, can you try dialling '12722123' and see if it reads you back the phone number for the line?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

NotConnected

Thanks for your comment. This is for ADSL as that's all optus can offer to my premises. It's an existing older apartment. There is a phone line. There is no dial tone.

Jeneral__Pain

If you are in an apartment building, and this building has an "MDF" (or 'Comms Room' / Communication Room) with a Distribution frame. Then it's highly possible Telstra has already been and brought your service to the 'A' side of the frame.

Anything beyond the 'A' side of the frame is your own responsibility to arrange a technician to attend and get it working. Most likely, Telstra will have popped a tag on where your service comes in, and that's it. It's always been this way because internal wiring was never their (or Optus or any ISPs) responsibility when apartment buildings were connected.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

NotConnected

You might have missed it in my original post, but optus confirmed they have no confirmation that Telstra has ever done any part of their job. The task is missing. It doesn't exist. No one has attempted to connect me. No one can explain to me why this has happened. I need to wait until Monday to get an update on the why. That doesn't cover if they can or when they can provide a service. Still a month beyond their promised connection date. 

Jeneral__Pain

So you're stating that NOBODY has done any ordering of your service? Because Telstra Wholesale doesn't operate on a 'task basis', you either create the request in their system or you don't. There isn't an 'in-between'... 

NotConnected

They needed 72 business hours to confirm if someone has submitted a request to Telstra. I had an order number up until this morning when it was closed and cancelled. No other updates from that point. 

Jeneral__Pain

Okay, the Optus order number still needs an order submitted in the Telstra Wholesale system. It seems like someone in activations is dropping the ball and that really sucks and I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience.

Long gone are the days when I was an Optus rep and we had the power to fix things and get it moving Smiley Sad 

NotConnected

I appreciate the second opinion. It proves I'm not losing my mind. Ideally trying to move this forward as quickly as possible. 

Ray_YC

Hi,

Have you been provided with a fault ticket number? If so, I can request that it be escalated. If not, unfortunately this is not something we can assist with here on the forum.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos