Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Relocation for cable internet service is not available for apartment? What should I do??????

Xyzloyalty

So just moved to a property which is a unit in an apartment. I also checked for the service availability before leaving an order. However, on the connection date, the technician arrived and told me that the work could not be done since this is an apartment and he has no way to connect the cable? He also has no idea why the order was placed since the service could not be done? Then I contacted Optus for an explanation and a solution (as he said was changing to another brand, like Telstra). But Optus required me to wait for another 24 hours and they will contact me at the end of the day. Guess what? I contacted them back on the next day and they informed me that my order was still pending, and after several chat they concluded that they also had no idea why the order was placed??????????? Well, then the only option they gave me was changing to wireless service with 500GB limited data Smiley Sad. I really don't want to change to another internet provider since I've been using Optus service for more than 3 years Smiley Sad

Re: Relocation for cable internet service is not available for apartment? What should I do??????

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

The NBN will be coming soon and after that you will have the easy choice to chose any ISP and plan you want.

However that seems not needed as you want Optus to provide your internet.

Given that constraint, then a wireless service with 500GB data is your current only option (500 Gb being more than almost all homes use in a month btw)

Its just a choice and only one you can make.

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Re: Relocation for cable internet service is not available for apartment? What should I do??????

Xyzloyalty

So as I contacted Optus recently, the staff confirmed that the ADSL2+ is available at my property and the service will be connected on the 27th of this month. In the meanwhile, they sent me an internet toolset which includes 50GB and I can require for recharge once the data has used up FREE OF CHARGE!!! YES! I'm so satisfied since the internets speed is fine and I do not need to be worried about the limitation of GB. This solution covers every cons of the long waiting period. Thank you so much Optus <3 

Ray_YC

A great outcome, thanks for returning to let Yes Crowd know ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos