Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Shan33
New Contributor

Relocation Problem, not solved after multiple communication

We tried to arrange a relocation on 21st Dec but it was scheduled on 28th. We have used our own mobile data for internet since 20th Dec. However, the internet service was not activated on the 28th. We contacted the online chat team twice to figure out what was going on and we were told that the service would be activated on 31st Dec, but it was still not activated. We contacted online chat team again and they said that the backend team was working on it. Then a member of the service team called and asked us to troubleshoot our network. We explained to her: 1. We had been troubleshooting many times. 2. The online team told us that the problem would need to be fixed by the backend team. The staff member seemed not to understand the situation then transferred us to another team. We explained the situation to the new staff member again and gave her all our details. However, she said that she could not access our account so she could not help us. She claimed to call us back within an hour but we haven’t receive any calls since then. We need the internet very urgently because we have work and assignment to be submitted online. Having no internet for almost 2 weeks really disturbs our life and work. Now we spend extra money on mobile data, and also need to pay the bill for a non-working home internet? We also needed to explain again and again every time we were transferred to a new team. We are very confused and frustrated. We spent lots of energy and time trying to peacefully solve the problem with Optus, but it is still not solved. If the problem could not be solved as soon as possible, we would like to cancel the plan because it gave us an awful experience.

We are so disappointed with the customer service and the working attitude. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Relocation Problem, not solved after multiple communication

What service is being connected at the new address? 

NBN? if NBN, what type? FTTP, FTTN, FTTC, FW, FTTB?

ADSL?

Cable?

We understand you "need it for work", but consumer grade services come with no promises or g'tees. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Shan33
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply. It’s an Adsl to Adsl. No one from the Yes Crowd has contacted us since then.

We understand that there are lots of holiday at the end & the beginning of the year. But at the same time, it’s also very frustrating that we have to pay extra for mobile data because of the delayed activation caused by the holiday season. Then we need to pay the full bill for the Optus internet too. We understood that if there was a technical issue and Optus needed to delay the work. However, the delay happened again and again, which caused a very bad experience.

Regarding the customer service, we understand that they cannot promise as they are not the technical team who deal with the problem directly. This is not the main problem. The problem is that every time when we were transferred to another customer service team, we had to explain the situation again and again, and different team members gave us different answers. It really confused us. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Yes Crowd is just another way of discussing issues, they probably won't directly respond unless its clear your attempts fail.

If you check the phone, do you have dial tone on your phone? If not, then it still requires Telstra Wholesale to connect the service on behalf of Optus. So half the problem is Telstra and their inability to care. I would follow up with Optus tomorrow during business hours to find out what is happening.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Shan33
New Contributor

Hi,

We never use the phone service that is included in the plan so we don’t have a phone at home. Usually we just plug in the modem and the internet would be connected.

Optus’s team has told us that the technical issue was something that their backend team could work on it, but we have not been told any progress at all. Again and again, all we got was “it will be done within 24 business hours” but, we have waited for 2 “24 business hours” and many holidays, and probably more if it’s still not activated  tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Happy to go in and check on the process of the relocation @Shan33

Can I get you to send us a private message? I need your full name, DOB and account number.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Shan33
New Contributor

*all I’ve got from Optus was 10GB free additional mobile data. But I have a household with 3 adults and the internet has not been set up for 6 days now. It means that 3 people could only use 1.6GB per day which is not enough as we all need the internet for work and study. It would be great if Optus can do something more to make up for these days with no Optus internet available. 

0 Kudos