cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Regarding internet connection

The customer service for Optus is really worse. I waited 30 days for the splitter to receive my house (acceptable due to corona panic). But I was with the Optus call for three long days spending 180min with them switching teams to have my ADSL Internet connected , but instead of having them activated they ask to reset the modem, plug out cables and reconnect it. I dono whom to contact to have this activated but I tried all from my side. Can anyone from Optus team is ready for the same
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Regarding internet connection

By all reports its pretty chaotic at the minute. Even if support could help getting on to them might be an impossible task at the moment. Do you have a solid sync light on your modem and did they say the service is active?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi yes, Optus team said on 13th of March that the ADSL connection is activated. In my modern all the lights are green, but only the Internet light is red. I tried login in to local web 192.168.0.1 to check the status and it says internet not connected. Any idea how this issue can be fixed
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The modem needs to authenticate with a user name and password. Did they issue you with one that possibly came in the box or a card on its own? In the modem admin do you see a connect button or even the authentication section that asks for the username / password. What make, model is this modem?

It's not the WiFi password we are after it's a username password combination that is often an email address given to you when you sign up. In the old days they used your primary email address. At one stage it was built into the firmware so you didn't need to know it.

0 Kudos