Searching...

Refund of account in credit

jabajabajaba

Has anyone successfully received a refund from Optus when you've cancelled your Optus service and your account balance is in credit?  I've switched from Optus Cable to Optus NBN and my Cable account balance is in credit.  I was advised that Optus automatically refunds the credit amount to the credit card which was used to pay the most recent bill.  Problem for me is that the credit card I last used to pay my Optus Cable bill had been cancelled by the time Optus attempted to refund me.  So now I'm stuck in a 'black-hole' of not being able to receive my refund because:

a) Optus chat consultants do not have authority to process refund request;

b) Chat consultants gave me the 133 937 number to speak to someone on the "financial team".  This is a generic number and a total of 5 requests for call-backs over 5 different days have resulted in zero call-backs from Optus.

Wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience and successfully received their refund for a cancelled service eventually?  If so, how did you go about it, and what phone number did you call to escalate the refund request?

Re: Refund of account in credit

Yeldarb

I do see this question being asked from time but I don't see the outcome after advice is given by any of the forum members. I can only suggest you persist with billing and accounts and try and get a reference number and contact info so you have something to go on. If they keep giving you the run around you can always make an official complaint or take the issue to the Ombudsman. Information on how to do that can be found on the link below.

https://offer.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints

jabajabajaba

Thanks, appreciate you taking the time to reply.  It's a shame because it's actually a very simply request which can be resolved within a matter of minutes.  My fingers are still crossed and hopefully an Optus mod on this forum will contact directly.  If I'm lucky enough to get the desired resolution (i.e., a refund), I'll be sure to update this post as learning for others in the future.

Also thanks for the tip re: Ombudsman and associated link. Let's hope we don't get to that stage.

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

Is logging in to My Account and transferring (or refund via another method) the credit to your active account an option?

Request a Refund or Transfer of a Credit Balance

If not, this is not something that can be arranged here on the forum. If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Yes you are right it is a simple request but trying to get through to the correct person on the first occasion is never simple. I do answer question with the assumption that mods are not coming to the rescue. If you are lucky enough to get the attention of one of the mods then no doubt your issue will be solved. Smiley Happy

Ah speak of the devil Smiley Very Happy

jabajabajaba

Hi Ray, unfortunately transferring the credit to my active NBN service account is not an option.  I've just logged in and can no longer see any reference or links to my now-deactivated Cable internet service.

Unfortunately I have neither Facebook nor Twitter (sorry, not very tech-literate and only stumbled across this forum by chance). What other options do I have?  And please, please, please don't tell me to keep trying my luck with the 133937 hotline.  I liken the on-hold experience to death by a thousand cuts!

Highlighted

Ray_YC

Hi, I'll send you a Yes Crowd Private Message with the team's e-mail address.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos