Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Refund of Premium SMS services

Very annoying. I have no ideas how many more time I have to talk to Optus reps regarding the refund relating to Premium SMS Services.

I was being charged $54.53 during June from using the Content services without any reason. So chatted online with Chelsea on 4/July, Maria on 17/August and Annette on 25/Oct in order to get a solution. All of these Sales reps are very understandable, friendly and all promised to follow up with this issue. All I have to do is 'wait for the refund'.

Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the promised refund.

Does anyone get the similar situation? I am not talking about the $54.53. What concern me is the customer services provided by Optus. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Refund of Premium SMS services

This is a standard Optus business tactic.  90% of customers become so frustrated and just give up so it's extremely profitable. 

They ripped me for insurance on a phone - the phone I use isn't on a contract, ie I own it outright.  They also billed me sport content I never asked about, knew about or used.  Ultimately the only option you have is to log onto the TIO website and submit a complaint.  (You've contacted them and they've had there 10 days).  

Optus is advised of TIO complaints and they have 4 weeks to resolve them before they are considered as a complaint by the TIO.  They will simple refund you immediately to prevent it being listed as a complaint. 

Those 'chat' people and the phone service operators who you can only speak to if you wait on hold for 30 minutes are all located in the Philipines (slave labour).  They aren't trusted with financial decisions so all their promises are empty worthless comments.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you bm77, good advice and that is my next step. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

i would recommend to contact billing, as they usually get this refunded 

they need to log a complaint to the third party provider and third party provider will call you to confirmed the complained

this is not something optus charging you, the third party seems to be charging you thru optus

this is being acquired thru clicking website and fake links online

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

In facts, I have been online chatting with the sales representative for 3 times up to now. Before the end of each chat, they all told me that they have successfully lodged a complaint to the billing department. The advices from them are 'to wait for the refund' or 'someone will call me within the next 48 hours'. Lot of frustration. And I think the only option is to contact TIO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @Maandilu, it sounds like the consultant has done exactly what you've asked of them. Had they also offered to reduce your premium content spend limit to $0.00? The standard contact time frame is 2 business days. I'm not sure if you've lurked the number of threads that have been created regarding this topic - the majority of customers have their refund processed within the specified resolution time frame. I'd suggest touching base with live chat on Monday → www.optus.com.au/livechat . You can always request for an update on the progress of your dispute.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@bm73,

I understand the sentiment however the second portion of your post simply isn't true. The dispute process is extremely straight forward. All of our contact centre agents and web chat agents within the relevant skill group have access to the required web portal used to dispute these sorts of charges. There's no reason for them not to action this request for you. I can assure that there's no directive given to not raise charge disputes with content providers. We've recently cut ties with a number of vendors and we'll definitely be seeing much less of this sort of thing in the months to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan_C,  three months wait is for a refund of $50 is actually a big joke. Not worth it at all. Sharing my feeling and experience with Optus is the main reason that keeps me in this forum. May be I am the minority who could not settle a claim within 'the specific time frame'. Webchat is a frustrating process if everything is 'talk only, NO ACTION'. I won't do it again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I'm not disagreeing with you @Maandlium, three months is an awfully long time to have waited for your refund. This community forum is intended for our customers to not only offer friendly advice but to share their own personal experience with Optus. We welcome all contributions. If anything else comes up, let us know. We’re always happy to help out from our end.

0 Kudos