Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AyaShirato
New Contributor
New Contributor

Refund and cancellation

I called Optus asking the cancellation for the broadband and telephone on 5 November 2019, the day before I left Australia.  The man suggested that I get into a new contract at $27,00 per month for  the landline only in order to keep the phone number, for which I agreed.

However, it happened that I have been receiving both the former package fee and the landline fee for the past several months.  At first I figured to ask you to refund me after I fly to Adelaide on 5 May, but the COVID-19 stop my trip.   Moreover, I decided to rent out my unit because it seems that I would not be able to go to Australia for at least one year.

I then tried to contact you through oversea phone call for many times, but could not get anybody to answer my calls. Since the international phone call charge from Japan to Australia is sky high, I could not afford to make any more phone calls.  I then asked my daughter to make a phone call and then transfer to me.  My daughter held the line for about 2 hours and finally got a gentleman to talk with me.  Yet, after I told him my name and about to tell him my birthday as per his request, the line was cut suddenly.

Before called you, I tried to contact you through e-mail but I could not get your replying.  Last week I asked my bank to stop my payments to Optus, for I could not allow you to charge me doubly any more.   

Please make a close investigation on my contract and refund me as soon as possible.  

Thank you in advance for your kind attention on this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Refund and cancellation

Hi there AyaShirato,

Just a heads up as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AyaShirato
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Refund and cancellation

I still not yet get a confident answer that indicating my contract has been cancelled and Optus will refund me.

0 Kudos