cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor benzema23
Occasional Contributor

Redirected to iinet

I have been recently connected to Optus broadband on ADSL2+ but I can't access the internet. 

Everytime I try to go to a webpage, I am redirected to an iinet page. I have been with bigpond cable for the last two years and I was with iinet before that. I have called Optus faults and we went through a lot of troubleshooting. Then I was told that further investigation needs to take place and that I would get a call back. I didn't get a call back and still don't have internet, which is very disappointing, given that I was 'activated' last Friday. 

Does anyone have advice on how to fix this issue? Thank you.

IMG_0470.jpg

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Redirected to iinet

Hmm have you reset the modem and added your new Optus information to it?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I am using the Optus modem, straight out of the box, and did all the regular troubleshooting with the 'faults' team: factory reset of modem, etc. etc.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok no problems as wasn’t sure from your post.  I would say that it’s still on iinet unless you are running some sort of proxy settings which is highly unlikely. As a matter of interest have you tried it on a different device other than a phone?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, tried to access the internet on my iPad and also Macbook. I just keep getting redirected to iinet. I presume that Telstra never bothered changing the "internet settings" on my phone line because I connected to them via cable. So it is still stuck on an "iinet settting".

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I believe there are codes on the line that need to be removed by Telstra before another isp can offer you the service. Have Optus made any comments to where they think the problem may be?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

No, I just spoke to faults about the problem again and have to wait to be home to do more troubleshooting. To be honest they are not very helpful and the problem seems pretty clear to me. I was promised a callback when I spoke with them on the weekend and didn't get a reply. I called them from work just now and have the feeling that I will just have to go through the same troubleshooting again tonight 😞

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There is a good bunch of people here that could possibly help you with a modem setup issue however if its line problem there is very little we can do. Best of luck tonight. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Contributor Y_N
Contributor

is it worth phoning iinet to see if they can fix it?

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Hey benzema23, pretty strange problem you've got there! Do you know if a fault has been logged? If you could provide any fault reference numbers I can check the status and request a call back from our Case Management team 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos