Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Recording free to air TV on Fetch box

Kamran420

Hi All

I need some help.

I have recently got Fetch TV. The manual said connect my antenna lead into the back of the Fetch box and connect the Fetch box with an HDMI cable. However I was unable to watch free to air tv now, so I ended up  plugging the antenna lead back into my TV. 

So question: How do I watch free to air TV on my Fetch box? and how do I record free to air TV on my Fetch box?

Re: Recording free to air TV on Fetch box

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

Yes follow the Manuel. Once connected make sure you change the input on your tv to the HDMI you have plugged the cable from the fetch box into.

Then you need to go to settings on your fetch box by pressing menu and selecting settings. Then navigate to channel search and auto search for the tv channels.

Doing this from memory as I am not home at the moment but hopefully you can understand my rambling.

Once you have your FTA the easiest way to record is to go to the tv guide on the fetch box, select the program you want and press record 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

I think @Davelew has it covered. Essentially it sounds like you haven't done a channel scan on the Feth box (which is a bit weird as it should ask you automatically to do this on first setup). I assume you can see all the Fetch menus on the TV?

As mentioned just hit REC while browsing the EPG on any program to set a timer or start recording. Note the Fetch has a great series record option so you can hit REC twice and Fetch will then just automatically record that show whenever it is on (Set and Forget).

Peter Gillespie

Kamran420

I have done the channel search and all of the channels for Fetch tv are there. But I get a message that the free to air channels are not.

I read on the Optus forum, I may need a splitter. Is this the case?

Davelew

A  splitter allowsayou to connect the tv coaxial cable to both your tv and fetch box, so no.

Can you confirm you have completed a channel scan as per these instructions:

https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Fetch_TV_Channel_Scan

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

No FTA reception on the Fetch unit (while the TV does get the FTA channels) means one of three things:

1) You have too much reception

2) You have too little reception 

3) The Fetch unit is faulty.

All can cause this issue. I've also read the splitter solution in some posts (it reduces the signal strength to each unit as it is split) . Might work. 

Digital TV is also either 100% or 0% (1 or 0). So the threshold for getting a signal might be 65% in your house. Your TV tuners are operating at 70% while the Fetch is operating at 60%. Little difference but the effect is channels for one but no channels for the other. (see Digital Cliff)

Personally I'd say the third option (Busted Fetch). To test this pop over to a mates house and see if you can tune in the box with their aerial. If yes then probably not a Fetch issue (try a splitter or amplifier). If no then probably a Fetch issue.

The box is leased so if it doesn't work Optus will send a replacement out on request (and a satchel to send the old one back in)

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Kamran420

Thank you all for your feedback.

I have reset my Fetch box ans spoken to support.

When I connected my box up, Optus had not connected my sevices correctly.

Now that they have, everything is fine!!!

petergdownload

A bit unusual. Assuming your Fetch box booted up then FTA channels have little to do with Optus services (i.e. data streaming channels). But it seems in going through the reset and other processes you've got it all configured right so definitely a win.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos