cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Halfa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Really Bad Customer Service - What do I do now?

I come to "Crowd" support in desperation of an answer.

Unfortunately, no good news here, I moved to Optus from a poor performing providing only to find that I'm experiencing even worse service!  😞

In July I moved providers to Optus and I asked to port my phone number at the same time.  I have family members all over the world and they use my phone number to keep in contact.

It seems that when my account was setup, Optus made a mistake and typed my phone number wrong.  It was only 1 digit different so I suspect a simple typo.  But that was the start of all my dramas.  Our phone isn't used much at all but we were told by a family member that it was disconnected.  That is how we learned that the phone number was incorrect.

2 months later we are still yet to get a working phone line.  Optus have given us our old number back, our account now shows the correct number, but no-one can ring our number.  Unless, of course, unless you are an Optus support engineer who can ring our number and claim that the problem is all fixed!!

Unless you call our phone number within the Optus network, any other carrier will get the "this number is disconnected" message.  I have told Optus this so many times and have even played the message on loudspeaker so they can hear it for themselves, but no, problem still not fixed.

3 weeks ago I was asked to fill out a form.  I did.  Someone rang back and asked if I had filled out the form.  I told them yes.  1 week later I get a call asking if I filled out the form cause they can't find it.  SERIOUSLY!! WTF!!

I've lost count of the number of times myself and my wife have been promised that someone will call back in 24 hours to keep us up to date and never do.

TODAY I get a text message on my mobile saying that they tried to call.  Well, they didn't.  My phone sits on my desk next to me all day and it didn't ring.  The text message didn't tell me it was fixed or not but I had to text "FAULT" as a reply within 7 days.  And, of course, I tried our phone number and it still doesn't work.

Optus....we've had enough.  I'm going to lodge a complaint with the communications ombudsman.  Seriously, you can do all the fancy tv commercials you like but at the end of the day, your customer service sucks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Really Bad Customer Service - What do I do now?

Hi @Halfa, It sounds like we're off to a bit of a rocky start.

I was asked to fill out a form.  I did.  Someone rang back and asked if I had filled out the form.  I told them yes.  1 week later I get a call asking if I filled out the form cause they can't find it.

What sort of form had we asked you to fill out? By any chance, was that a porting authority form?

I'm happy to go in and run a couple of checks. I need your full name, DOB and landline number.

PM us here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors