Searching...

Reactivate a closed account

Insignificant

I have been with Optus for more than 10 years and I had direct debit setup so all payments were made automatically. Last year I upgraded the internet plan but I was not informed by anyone that all my billing setup have been cleared. So all the new bills were sent to a wrong PO box address while I assumed that I was still paying by direct debit like what I did in the past ten years. I only found out this problem when my internet got disconnected. At first I thought it was some internet issues that sometimes happen with Optus so I waited for a day before I call them and was told that my account is already closed.

I know it’s my fault not to check my bank payments so I am willing to pay for the outstanding amount plus interest penalty. But the thing is that after hours of waiting on the line I was told that I have to open a new account now and it takes at least 48 WORKING hours to restart my service.

I explained that I really need the service straight away but got pushed around between different departments and long waiting hours until their office is closed.

I guess when I call them again tomorrow morning there will be more waiting and  frustration. Is there any other number I can call? Can you help Optus?

Re: Reactivate a closed account

Dan_C

@Insignificant,

It really depends on the technology type. If we've advised of a time-frame of 2 working days then it sounds like we're dealing with an NBN or Optus Cable broadband service.

We'd asked you to open a brand-new account instead of reinstating the ceased account?

You're welcome to send us a private message with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and account number.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos