Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reactivate Optus messagebank / voicemail on landline

Hi everyone.

My in-laws have a landline phone with Optus. They have NBN. They had messagebank / voicemail all set up and running nicely, but they deactivated it a couple of months ago. Now they have decided to reactivate it, but I'm not sure how to do this. I have checked the internet, but information is either conflicting, dead links etc. Also I cannot call Optus Customer service because I don't fit their current emergency criteria for help. 

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Reactivate Optus messagebank / voicemail on landline

@PapaPiccolino  https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/support?id=1503

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tigers1719. Thanks for that.

I saw that web page before I posted. The voice mail has already been set up. It was used for many months, but my in laws decided to switch it off a few months ago, and now want to switch it back on. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm not sure we need to go through the whole set up process again. At least I hope not. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@PapaPiccolino  Have you tried dialling the voice mail number?  Maybe you might just have to add a pin and it works.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all. Just to follow up on this issue. Once I was able to visit my in laws, I realised that all I needed to do was press *96 on the keypad, as the voice mail was simply switched off, not deleted. All working fine and all good now.

Thanks.

0 Kudos