cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Mainstay1
New Contributor

Re-access old webmail account

I have recently closed down our Optus broadband account as we have sold our house and are in limbo while we search for another property. 90 days has passed and our webmail account has since been deactivated. I would like to know how to reactivate my webmail account and to retain our linked email addresses. I'm happy to pay a monthly fee until such time that we can connect a new service at our next home. Any advice? I did call and spoke to someone who said that I'd have to open up a new broadband account on a monthly plan. Could I do this as a mobile broadband option?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Re-access old webmail account

To retain an email account you would need to have some sort of post-paid service I would think. If you sign up for a wireless broadband account you would probably be issued with a new email address however you should be able to get your old one linked to it. I would give support a call and ask the question. You can try the live chat link if you wish.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

New Contributor kotch
New Contributor

Re: Re-access old webmail account

Sorry but that is incorrect. Unlike other providers, once you close down your Internet service with Optus the don't want to know you anymore and disown you.

I was told bad luck buddy - you left us so no webmail for you.

Looking to raise a case with Telecom Ombudsman as Optus is refusing to allow me to access my email even after I offered to pay.

Disappointing people post incorrect info sometimes when in reality it is entirely different.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors