cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Very__Loki
New Contributor

Rainbow Six Siege Won't complete the download on Uplay

I've been told by the ubisoft team that there is a problem on Optus's end that is not letting me finish downloading Rainbow Six Siege on Uplay, gets to 99% and says download failed, can you help?

"

After investigation into this issue, we have discovered that the issue has occurred with players who are using Optus ISP. At this point, we have been advised to inform players to contact their ISP directly to get this issue resolved as it appears to be isolated to this ISP only.

Should you encounter any issues or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,
Mark
Ubisoft Support

"

0 Kudos
6 Replies
New Contributor glitch0101011
New Contributor

Re: Rainbow Six Siege Won't complete the download on Uplay

same issue on my end. any resolution?

frustrating!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor philmur
New Contributor

Having difficulties with UPlay as well

and UBI-support keep posting a twitter link to the optus account from May 22 about international routing issues.

First they said Optus had download quotas in place then to the may incident  then absolutely not on there end then download quotas again.

Both AC Odyssey and FC5 New dawn fail to download at 99% of the core game files

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor glitch0101011
New Contributor

hey @Kevery @philmur 

After some frustrating troubleshooting discovered that running the uplay installer as Admin fixes the issue.

just quit the UPLAY client, right-click the UPLAY client executable and choose run as administrator', it will almost resolve instantly. Hope this works for you too.

Smiley Happy

New Contributor philmur
New Contributor

hey Thanks for that, but no good for me.

Still trying to figure things out Optus support say everything is fine, and Ubi soft keep telling me optus have admitted its there fault and point at the may incident..

hey ho.

steam worked for a 40Gb download no issues...

0 Kudos
New Contributor Very__Loki
New Contributor

So i basically just turned on my VPN and it completed the download. easy fix for me.

0 Kudos
New Contributor p_aky30
New Contributor

What VPN did you use?

0 Kudos