Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor ITTeacher
New Contributor

Re: Radically incorrect data usage

I too am having random arbitrary multiples of 100MB being charged to my data usage. It hurts especially as I am paying $10 per GB for these extra charges.  I run two laptops, one on XP and one on Windows 10, no Macs, keep them pretty clean, but even when not connecting get these 100MB charges

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor smoothpainter
Occasional Contributor

Take it from me we are being dudded I asked if they had a policy of 100002 cap they said no I have 47 of them in 1 month

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Time to go to DODO now

0 Kudos
New Contributor ITTeacher
New Contributor

I have installed a network use tracker. Thanks for the suggestion on that. I am getting at least one 100MB download per day so should have evidence fairly quickly to either identify the source or identify a discrepancy from Optus. I tried the online chat and the lady tried to transfer me to technical team but it failed as they were all busy apperently.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

YES WE ALL HAVE 100002KB EVERY DAY EVEN WHEN NOT ON !!! THAT IS WHY I WILL BE GOING TO TELSTRA OPTUS IS A JOKE

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

YEP I GOT THROUGH 1.2 GIGS WHILE I WAS AWAY ON HOLIDAY Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

HEY HOLLY WE ARE NOT STUPID

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Okay ! year on and we have had no joy I think it's time to, I have been on to Tech dept and they said they would reset, cool I thought problem could be solved ......please don't use your pc for 4 hours while we do this she said,okay I said,next day I switch on and I have used 377mb while I am offline ? when I tried to check on phone I get someone who knows bugger all about anything !!!! I hang on for 35 mins and thought it hung up and now will change to someone who gives customer service the way it should be Australia we are being dudded by Clayton providers:smileyfrustrated Smiley Mad

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

I can confirm we only charge for data used while connected to our Network - more than happy to have a look into this further for you if you have any fault reference numbers handy.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor glennnyc1985
New Contributor

Currently dealing with this myself right now, too. Years and years of never going over the (meagre) limit of data at my mum's house and then two months ago she got moved to a new plan and all of a sudden we've had two months in a row of excessive data gouging. Nothing has changed in our internet surfing habits and yet suddenly we're using a gig a day (sometimes up to 3 gig - and there's no way we're downloading 3gig worth of data a day on the speeds we have). It's currently being investigated and we're just scared Optus are going to say "well, you're stupid and you downloaded too much stuff" when we've never had a problem ever before and they'd know this looking back at our usage history. Apparently 2.9gig for TWITTER over a month. No way. And since making the complaint three days ago it's gone up a gig a day and charged us $10 for each new gig of data. Like, do they think we'd be stupid enough to not just go on a new plan if we were really using that much data as opposed to just spending $350 on a bill each month?

0 Kudos