cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: REVESBY CABLE IS A JOKE. BETWEEN 5PM TO 12PM.

Optus are rolling our a lemon of a device. The Sagemcom router is of poor network quality and I dont rate the device at all. WIFI is very poor

I removed the Sagemcom router and brought a spare Billion 7800DX home that I had in the office. Turned off the Netgear CM500 Modem and set the Billion up with DHCP and Auth IPOE (IP Over of Ethernet). Most good modem/routers support this method.

Connected Optus Netgear CM500 to WAN port on Billion 7800DX and turn back on . The Billion came to life.

Speed via LAN and WIFI way better and as expected at 2pm in the arvo when no one is around.

Now its after 1700 and the speed has dropped to below 25MB. 

As I did with Telstra when their cable network couldnt handle the load or congestion I pushed for them to upghrade their network via the TIO. With NBN coming I guess there is no pressure on Optus to deliver the speeds I have requested and paid for. If this best effort its poor and Optus should be ashamed to call themselves a telco. 

0 Kudos