cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Liquid_Moments
New Contributor

REVESBY CABLE IS A JOKE. BETWEEN 5PM TO 12PM.

Revesby cable internet is a "JOKE " between 5pm and 12pm the exchange is so over congested I get a regular ping of 250 and a download and upload speeds under 1 mbps. 

Now I have called them on multiple occasions over a 12 month period they said they know about the problem and are planning to fix it to allow more traffic. But 12 months on nothing has come about apart from it getting worse.

And to make matters worse the new bundle plans, they are selling automaticly puts everyones speeds to premium so every users connection is set to go upto 100mbps.

Also when I have talked to technical support any speed under 47mbps is classed as a fault ! go figure

I think for the money that we are spending for this service the return is extremely poor but yet they would not do the right thing and fix this problem.

So I say optus give us a confirmed date when this will be fixed !! 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RetiredModerator Tom
RetiredModerator

Re: REVESBY CABLE IS A JOKE. BETWEEN 5PM TO 12PM.

Hi Liquid_Moments, are you able to run some speed tests at different times via our speed test site so we can take a look at some of the results?

When you're seeing the low speeds that you mentioned, do you know how many computers are connected to the network at the time, and could any be downloading or doing other activities using bandwidth that could impact the speed test?

If you also wanted to send me a PM with your username, I can check your connection and the speed tests once they've been done and get back to you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Liquid_Moments
New Contributor

Tom

Please read the above post before replying with a pre formatted post. And then get back to me with a real reply !

Cheers
0 Kudos
Contributor dan1sh
Contributor

I have also been getting same problem from 5pm to 12midnight for last 2 months. Speeds between 1mbps to 2mbps if I don't use internet. But if I watch a video the speed will go under 1mbps. I can't even watch youtube videos. And yes I only have one computer in my house. And 2 phones. And the problem I have described when the 2 phones are not using the internet. So no excuse there.

I wrote about this issue in the community with screen shots of the issue at different times and they asked me to call the center. I call them and they ask me to do all trouble shooting like connecting and disconnecting all wires. How stupid is that. I told them i Get about 12 mbps after 12 midnight. then how can it be a problem from my end and of the wire issue. Then that was taking so much time, I didn't call them back as I am having exams right now. But as soon as my exam finishes I am gonna get to the optus guys.

If you can't handle the network load then don't allocate new connection until you upgrade your exchanges. Please.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Danny_Marcelo
New Contributor

Its almost the end of 2016 and this problem is still not resolved! Optus has the same response everytime I call, *in an indian voice* - "yes there seems to be a congestion in your area and our team are working on it to fix the problem, you will receive a text mesage when the issue is resolved".

I am fed up with Optus and there repetitive lies. Just admit the problem and agree that this "congestion" will never be fixed.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

We definitely are making improvements to exchanges affected by congestion. Unfortunately we're not in a position to upgrade everyone that's affected at once, but it is being done. If you've not been given a date, this indicates there's no schedule for the upgrade which is why you've been added to the congestion register to ensure you're notified when upgrades are scheduled.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jayatko78
New Contributor

Bull s#$t, Improvment is not being done. I live in revesby and i only get max 4 -5 mdps during peak times I should be getting 30mbps, at the moment the inernet is useless in the house. I have rung optus multiple times and i get the same, your area is congested and the network will be upgraded. We will send you a message when done. Finding posts that are years old on this site about my area shows optus is doing f all to fix the issue. I even asked for a discount proportion to the slow speeds. They said no. Funny thing i only got optus installed 3 months ago and they failed to mention the congestion and slow speeds when i signed up. 

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Jayatko78, apologies for the late reply and for the issues you are experiencing. Can you send me a PM → http://yesopt.us/pmscott with your username so I can have a look for you?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Waz0867
New Contributor

Hi There

Just moved to Revesby Heights and had no other option but to go for Optus Cable. Having been a Telstra Cable user for past 5 years and have felt the pain of congestion over in the Menai area. After hammering Telstra about the same issues directly with the TIO and getting a win I'm already seeing tonight only after being online for 2 days I can see why customers are pissed.

The only way to have this addressed is to log a complaint with the TIO. I'm a tech and I setup and manage clients ISP connections. If we delivered services this poorly then I would expect hell to pay.

Optus have to understand if they know there is an issue and do nothing to address it then the TIO will come down on them.

Optus I'm watching and gathering my info to report to the TIO. Get ready.

P.s The sagemcom router Optus give as part of the package is crap. I'll be looking to replace it with something I know that works. Oh yes the tech said its supports AC...Big deal if the network at the WAN port can ony deliver up to 5MB on the download AC is useless.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jayatko78
New Contributor

Finally had it with optus. Spoke to optus on the 31st august to generate customer complaint, complaint generated. Optus policy "contact within 48 hours with case manager assigned, 10 days to rectify or investgate issue". It is now the 18th sept and no one has contacted at all. I contacted them on the 5th and today (18th) to find out what is going on, typical runaround and they will ring in the next 24 48 hours.  Thats what the said last time. Had enought, i have logged complaint with telecommunication ombudsmen. 

0 Kudos