Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Huddo3087
Occasional Contributor

Re: RE: Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864V3 AC

No I also have been searching the net and the Sagemcom site.  Sweet foxtrot Alpha.

The night rider lights display happended again last night when going to bed. Net was fine....

I have e-mailed Sagemcom to see what they say.

Seems an unexplained phenomenon. Even Optus can't shed any light (no oun intended) on why it occurs.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well hopefully they wont give you the standard line about the modem being exclusively made for Optus and therefore you need to direct your questions to them. Smiley LOL

Occasional Contributor

Yes, sadly, thats what I expect will happen.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Let us know how you get on. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I got a reply from Sagemcom.

"Hello. OPTUS could download new firmware to the Fast3864 router and the LED's indicate this firmware update...best regard."

Well to me this a a could be not fact.   My firmware version hasn't changed...LOL

Anyway not a major factor.  I'm curious as OPTUS doesn't provide a comprehensive user guide, wither does Sagemcom.

Unexplained phenomenon one would suggest.

Anyway . . .  . .

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm I did suspect it was firmware related. I guess if there is no option to flash the firmware you could ask Optus for a new modem as that one appears to be faulty or a collectors item if you're a Night Rider fan. Smiley Happy  Many Optus modems are crippled by their own custom firmware and subsequently their user manuals would probably create more questions than answers.

Occasional Contributor

Thans for listening too Yeldarb I appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry I couldn't help resolve the problem but I would suggest you still hit up Optus support for either the firmware so you can reflash it or a new modem. This behaviour is not normal and and it might fail. Good luck. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor dwnNfrustrated
Occasional Contributor

When I first got Optus NBN...there were connection problems from day one..June 2017...NBN sorted that but Optus support only knew how to instruct re-boots as solutions for drop outs and WiFi connectivity...after buying Line boosters and no success, I finally got onto an Australian technician who walked me through and changed the WiFi channel...mild success, better connectivity but still low bandwidth interruptions....line speeds constantly less than 5Mbps..... escalated complaint to Management and got buried in red tape and call back ping pong...(I was also not well at the time, which didn't help)...then Chistmas got in the way, holidays etc...I involved ACCC in January 2018, who suggested SamKnows who is an English NBN monitoring company...measuring line speed at the connection in the home...as soon as I informed Optus SamKnows was involved, things started happening 08.02.2018 Optus rang ME to help with my line speed!...I was on a ship in the Great Australian Bight, middle of nowhere...15.02.2018 a technician rang to say he would be able help...the morning of the 17th we woke to 23Mbps/5Mbps on our 25/5 plan, it has been consistent since. TOTAL time on the phone to Optus was about 4 hours over SEVEN months.

Our original Sagemcom Fast 3864 modem, failed to re-start after a power outage 2 weeks ago...only 48 minutes of calls to get NBN out to test the Modem..2 days for excellent delivery of Sagemcom 3864V3 AC , self installed OK, 601 dropouts in 3 days...a bit  much 😞  but it has settled down since I activated Multicasting...there is no access to WiFi channels in this modem settings...I have 21 smart home devices so use the 2 channels effectively....so far so good. Modem access was optus as username and the password is the WiFi password on the bottom of the Modem 😉

Still no User Manual as such from Optus or Sagemcom. Hope this little story gives people some hope.

New Contributor ARandomAussie
New Contributor

Hello to anyone interested in the Knightrider's KITT effect on this modem, if you go digging around in the modems settings, and go to:

Management Update Software
then without any files attached click Update Software your modem will start the light effect, and thus as i know how to do it now i will always keep it like that, its nice.

0 Kudos