Searching...

RE: Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864V3 AC

Huddo3087

Got one of these Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864V3 AC gateways today along with a NetgearCM500V.

My question with the Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864V3 AC is :

I  notice the LED's on the front flash one by one across and back continuously.  Like cascading across and back.

I cannot for the life of me fine a user guide that explains what all these light do.  Yes internet & wifi still working.

Is this pattern/ sequence trying to tell me something ?

tia

Huddo

Re: RE: Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864V3 AC

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Huddo3087

Yes and No.  Soz.

My Sagecom is black and a bit different.

The lights on the front (6 of them) flash in sequence but one by one

So light 1 quick flash and goes out, then # 2 & so on as if its scrolls across and then it goes backwards, then forwards and repeats.

Weird.  All good after I rebooted, just curious as to what it is or what its telling me.

Yeldarb

I get what you are saying and I have not read any similar posts before. It would be helpful if they supplied the manuals with these modems. Maybe it was a firmware update and it was waiting for a reboot.

DarrenH

Now this morning on the Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 AC all lights are on and green.... Net is working but yes always a but...the internet and WIFI lights are flashing together 3 times constantly.    1, 2 ,3 (repeat) Now obviously this is telling me something ?  

Yes rebooted

Yes reset to factory.

Restarted PC

Optus chat guy couldn't help me . . referred me to the sagemcom site.  Thanks for that.

LOL

Any ideas guys

Yeldarb

Hmm I found another post that describes the lights like the Night Rider car and that I do understand. The 2 responses don't really explain the situation. Have you tried another reboot to see if the lights go away?

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/My-NBN-Works-but-Flashing-Modem-Lights/td-p/319720

DarrenH

Exactly,like the Night Rider.   Spot on LOL

Yeldarb

Is it affecting your connection as far as you can tell?

Huddo3087

No I don't think it is.

All seems fine I'm just being curious and getting to know the new modem/ router.

Yeldarb

Yes I am curious myself and doing the Google thing did not help on this occasion. I even checked a couple of other Sagemcom modems and nothing was mentioned. From memory the light show happens briefly when turning on the modem or when doing a firmware update. Having said that is there any mention in the modem admin on a firmware update?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
18 Kudos