cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor JTB1985
Occasional Contributor

Problems relocating to newly bulit house with NBN@optus

Hi, 

Wondering i could get some assistance as i have spent multiple of hours chatting witjh optus chat and trying to call (calling gets me Nowhere as the auto system wants a phone number at the address and wont let me go further.

I am very very frustrated with optus at this point, i have been a customer for a long time and cannot get any decent help.

I have moved into my new house that has just been built, for three weeks i have been trying to get optus to get internet on for me but run into the same issues each time and feel that i have almost had no help as well as not much willing assistance.

When i tried to relocate i was told that my property is not servicable, i had a private NBN technician come and install and test all the required NBN equipment before i talked to optus so i know that i was servicable. If i check my address on the NBN site it sayd it is servicable.

I went back to my builder and got more details from the private installer in which i ended up with an Location ID and was told that would solve the issue. I tried to give that to optus and the would not take the number, asked for the address and then proceeded to tell me that i am not servicable, i asked what they recomended and basically i was told to cancel my current service and that my email address would expire in 90 days. The next day my email address was deleted by optus and my account was closed.....

I went to ii net and asked them to check the location ID and they did this straight away. They found me straight away and told me that nbn registered it under the lot number and not the street number.

I once again went back and chatted with optus, told them everything that happened and asked them to look at the location ID and all relevant information and about the emails address, they reinstated the emails address and then i found out all of my important emails were delete which i was fed some crap about they would feed through the server and come back in 24 hours, well that didnt happen...

They continued to ask for my new address which i replied "That will not work as i had already explaind, still they wanted it... They checked it and come back and said i was not servicable...... (Really!!!) I would not leave the chat and told them to just look the ID up that i gave them, they asked me to hold, after what seemed an eternity they finally come back and said, Yes you are servicable.... (Really!!!) but then said i am not registered with the council.... I asked what to do they said speak to the council and then come back... 

I have spoken to the council and they basically said you are registered... gave me a document to say this is my address, i cannot see how this would help so i am now here as i do not want to keep dealing with this, i have tried to stay with OPTUS but this is my last try...

I have looked at my Location ID my self and it is registered to the Lot number, The actual street number does not have a ID against it.

#1 is there anything i can do

#2 can i get any help

#3 i cannot beleive that i have basically been told to close my accounts by optus and feel i have not had an apropriate level of help after multiple of attemps, i have been a good customer, never pay late and have been with optus for multiple of years.

#4 I cannot even pay my last bill as my account information is deleted from optus and my emails were deleted by optus closing my email address early.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problems relocating to newly bulit house with NBN@optus

Hi @JTB1985 ,

sounds like you are caught in the NBN maze. It is actually Optus job to sort this out for you but it sounds like they have washed their hands of it.

I'm a little concerned about your "private" NBN technician. These don't exist. The public deals with RSPs like Optus. The RSPs deal with the NBN.

Given Optus have disowned the process I would recommend you contact Aussie broadband. They have a month to month contract (first month free) and should help you get connected. Once on the NBN you can move around very easily so can sign back up with Optus of they have the deal you want.

Peter Gillespie

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It seems to be a common theme when it comes to new developments.

Just to confirm, it's a free-standing home (not a town, unit or apartment)? If so, the fact the LOC ID is registered against a lot rather than a street number shouldn't be the issue.

I think it's more so to do with the Optus service qualification not picking up your address. If you like, you can send through a private message with the location ID. 

I'm unable to go in and create the order, but I should be able to point you in the right direction. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

@petergdownload  Thankyou for your reply, that is actually good information and if i cannot get it sorted i will look into that.

Hi @Dan_C ,

Thank you for responding, you have actually helped me before and i very much appreciate your help every time, funny enough last tim eyou helped me i was relocating to my rental to wait for the house to be built.

I dont know if it is something to do with the upgrades, for some reason i cannot private message you, has something changes, all i can do is goto your profile, also you are not coming up in the manual search to private message either.

It would be great if you could help, looking up the Loc ID. Also it is a standalone house. It definatly has something to do with the  Optus service qualification not picking it up and i beleive its because the actual address has not got a Loc ID.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@JTB1985 , I've sent you a private message.

Can you let me know if that's come through on your end? 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Dan_C 

@Dan_C wrote:

@JTB1985 , I've sent you a private message.

Can you let me know if that's come through on your end? 

I received the Private message, But it errors when i try to send, The error is bellow, its saying you have not got private messages enabled.

• One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Can you give it another shot? I've had to go in and amend a couple of your user permissions.

Hopefully that does the trick.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C wrote:
Can you give it another shot? I've had to go in and amend a couple of your user permissions.

Hopefully that does the trick.

Hi Dan, Sorry still didnt work, i tried signing out and in also, same issue.

0 Kudos
New Contributor DAN_C2
New Contributor

For some odd reason, they're not coming through to my main profile.

I switched to your profile and sent a message to my secondary account (this one). Strangely, they’re coming through to this account.

We just completed a platform upgrade earlier on this morning. There’re a few bugs that we're still ironing out. Can you try sending the message through to DAN_C2.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

How do your send a PM @DAN_C2 @Dan_C ?

I see no option for this in the mobile profile.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors