Searching...
Highlighted

Problems playing Battlefield multiplayer

daggles

I have friends who are not on Optus that are playing at the moment, so the game servers are up and running fine. I've been playing this game fine for all of this year but the last two days I can't play for more than 5 minutes before the game reports that I've lost the connection to the EA Online Servers. There seem to be a lot of other people complaining about this issue (see http://aussieoutages.com/status/ea/map/) It seems to be specific to the connection to these servers. Is anyone else having issues like this? What is the best way to get this investigated?

Re: Problems playing Battlefield multiplayer

Cmurf

Yeah I'm the same,  won't even let me connect to ea servers Now. And before that I could play but connection/ping were shocking. Such a bloody stitch up. Need to sort their sh*t out

Vexxed

Get used to it my dude, submarine cable is damaged and is affecting the connection to servers. Everyone on optus cannot connect to EA servers its a joke, you think they'd have a plan in place just incase this happened but guess not.

daggles

Yeah I read about that issue with the cable. Hopefully they can come up with a better short term work around that whatever they have in place at the moment as I hear that it could be mid October before the main cable is repaired. I have a bunch of other friends who are on other ISP's that are apparently not affected. The frustrating thing is that I can start playing, but after about 5 minutes the game kicks me out saying that the connection to the EA servers was lost. So it feels like they do have a secondary link in place, but it appears to be getting overloaded. 

Mickmok

So we are going to have issues with this game.for over a month? Is it affecting other games cos I've had issues for quite a while in regards to disconnections from games. I've been having issues with GTA and just got back into BF1 and can't connect at all. Same as all of you. 

zxhoon

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

same here, bf1, got mates on smelstra and from NZ that have no issues, mate in NZ uses the southern fibre network as well and plays fine on Aussie servers, what in the actual fk????

This happened with eve online a few years back, drop outs, unplayable, random sketchy issues and it was also an Optarse issue back then... ffs

no idea why I still pay for this cr@p

I'm over my 100Mb plan giving me 2.5Mb anytime other than 5am.... fkers

DonnyDuck

As a temporary fix, just sign up to Private Internet Access for a month - its only 5$ or so.
If you have a router, you can add the openVPN details to it and choose the syd or melb server.
Speed was excellent.

JohnnyO

Same here, BF1 has been terrible for a few days. Does anyone have a link to anything about the submarine cable problem? Ridiculous they don't have an alternative network route.

Vexxed

Doggones

This link keeps getting posted as the issue yet if you do manage to connect to a game you can see other Australian users happily connecting and playing on servers without issue.  The difference?  They aren't with Optus.  Probably the best solution ultimately as if you look back in to the forum history you will see that Optus has repeatedly had issues with online gaming.  

Online gaming extremely important to you?  Choose an ISP that cares that isn't Optus.

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos