Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Marliu
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Problems emailing Yahoo (only)

My last email that was successfully delivered to Yahoo was on 7th Nov. Since then delivery has been entirely inconsistent. To test Optus's mail delivery, I have been sending emails to my Yahoo address since 14th Nov and only 7 out of 20 were successfully delivered. Only one of these was received promptly, the others took hours - days for delivery. 13 out of 20 undelivered = 65% FAIL RATE! This is shocking service! And now to make matters worse...live chat is unavailable so I can't even get an update from Optus. Is anyone else having problem with live chat access?

0 Kudos
Marliu
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Since there has been no further postings on this issue since my last post on 18th Dec 2018, I assume that everyone is now satisfied that Optus has resolved the issue but I am not convinced! If anyone is still experiencing problems emailing to Yahoo, please let me know as I was just notified by a Yahoo client that they failed to receive an email I sent 2 days ago. Most of my emails are getting through but still taking hours or days to get through. Why is it so slow? And why am I not getting messages of undelivered mail from Optus?

0 Kudos
dpastern
Contributor
Contributor

Several reasons why I have not posted further...

a) Christmas & New Years break, as well as being busy with life stuff in general

b) no response back from Optus after I'd logged a fault ticket with them (I got an initial response and then nothing else).  Pretty terrible support imho.

c) Emails to my Yahoo account have mostly worked - not 100% reliably still, but better than it was.  

d) there are still delays in mail arriving to my Yahoo address when sent via an Optus SMTP.  

e) as you have correctly pointed out, on mail that doesn't arrive, no failure notice is being issued.  

I have given up hope on Optus reliably and 100% resolving this issue.

0 Kudos
JudithR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have phoned Optus about this about five times in the past four months and they just say it is being looked into.   Just crazy and it shouldn't be this hard to fix.    I went on the Optus Facebook page too but had no luck finding out anything.    What can we do?

0 Kudos
Pollie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, there is a problem and it is an OPTUS problem.     Sent  e mails to freinds/customers with Yahoo address only to receive a notification  a few days latter udeliverabe message with a heap of diatribe attached to message inlcuding contact OPTUS.  Waste of time. 

0 Kudos
Pollie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Yahoo mail not being delivered

OPTUS fault. Not Yahoo

0 Kudos
CharlesB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Constantly saying that this is an Optus problem and not a Yahoo problem, right though it seems to be, accomplishes aboslutely nothing!  What does it take tio get this fixed????

0 Kudos
CharlesB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Saying repeatedly that it's an Optus problem and not a Yahoo problem, right though it may be, accomplishes nothing!  What does it take to get this fixed?

0 Kudos
JudithR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

For everyone who has been having problems sending to Yahoo addresses.     I sat on the chat line for hours and hours last week and was finally told today that the problem has been fixed.   I ran tests today to Yahoo addresses, both single emails and also addresses in group emails and they all seem to be working.    Optus is calling me back on Tuesday mornng to see if my checks worked.   

Is anyone still having problems?   If so, could you reply to this and I will pass it on.

0 Kudos
Marliu
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Out of 12 emails sent since 18th Jan, most arrived at their destination although not always immediately (can take up to 5 hours). 2 emails were not received; the last which went astray was on Tue 12th Feb, few days ago. I've had to cc emails to my yahoo account to give me an idea of whether my emails are being delivered or not.  Optus has ceased sending me notifications of "undelivered mail" and the only way I am aware that my email has not been sent is if I cc to my Yahoo account or if I'm notified by the person I am trying to email. Pretty terrible! There has been so much misinformation concerning this issue that I'm now using my Yahoo email if I need to contact anyone with a Yahoo address...no problems there!

0 Kudos