Searching...

Re: Problems emailing Yahoo (only)

dpastern

Scimiatar49 - I feel your frustration and anger.  However, as I said, the TIO doesn't really cover this type of issue (no one does).  See a list of complaints that the TIO covers:

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint/types-of-complaints-we-handle

I find it amusing (in a not so good way) that the TIO doesn't cover all services provided by an ISP.  If you have website hosting with an ISP, and there's problems - guess what - there is NO consumer protection at all (I have thoroughly investigated this personally).  I mean, TIO does stand for Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman...it's not like their acronym ONLY specifys Internet  connections...btw, you may not realise, but the TIO is a private organisation, it has nothing to do with the government.  It is comprised of a private organisation that has members (ISPs) who pay annual fees to be a member. 

I think you can guess where their loyalties lie...worse, your local consumer affairs will NOT touch ISP complaints (it's regulated that the TIO handles this, so they won't touch it AT ALL)  In reality, there is almost ZERO consumer protection for Australian consumers with regards to ISPs.  They are a law unto themselves.  There is a reason why Australian ISPs are the most expensive in the world, and have One of the very worst performances of any developed nation in the world.  

I base the above statements on near 10 years in the industry.  

dpastern

I'll just add to my prior post:

https://www.tio.com.au/about-us

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman is an industry-based Ombudsman, fully funded by industry fees and charges. The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman is not “owned by industry”:

and

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman is a not for profit company limited by guarantee and members of the scheme are not shareholders
Members do not receive payments or profits (for example by way of dividends)
Membership is compulsory and is required by legislation
Failure to comply with the requirements of the scheme can result in regulatory enforcement action (by ACMA)

I'm curious - not for profit, then why is an ACN registered for it?  I mean, most non-profit organisations have tax exemptions and an organisation number.  I'll let you do the mathematics.  

scimitar49

Maybe we add ACMA to our targets for complaints!?!?!

scimitar49

And maybe your local pollie.  BUT, they might be a little distracted now, and for the next 6 months!

dpastern

ACMA, like the TIO, ONLY deals with certain issues.  You are welcome to try them, but based on prior experience, don't hold your breath. 

As to ACA, or your local pollie - media is generally not interested in minor issues - they go for big issues that can be sensationalised.  People understand how the Internet works, 99% of people do not understand how Email works.  Politicians are toothles tigers based on my experiences.  They'll just direct you back to the TIO, and when you explain to them that the TIO can't, or won't help you, they'll shrug their shoulders and tell you that they can't do anything more for you.  

Problems emailing Optus

RafJaf

Has optus been as pathetic in not helping you solve problems emailing Yahoo accounts as they have been with me. Optus is the m,ost incompetent bunch of morons who just repeat the same bs day in and day out "we have fixed it " ............. bs ......... Optus arranges to call me back and constantly calls me back on a mobile nr I have told them has no reception. One day they will grow a brain and call my landline nr which is my optus account nr anyway. Morons.

Re: Problems emailing Optus

Yeldarb

Last update on this topic was on the 29th and that in itself is rather tragic.

Highlighted

Re: Problems emailing Optus to Yahoo

malkay1

Optus,   When are we going to get this fixed?     This problem has been going on now for about a month.

Re: Problems emailing Optus to Yahoo

CharlesB

Hear, hear!!  When indeed is this going to be fixed?

imtezza

I have had the same problem for a few weeks. My emails are not being delivered to Yahoo addresses - all others are OK. I sometimes get a "email undelivered" message but not on all occasions. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
51 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos