Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Problems emailing Yahoo (only)

I looked up the public address of the server that Optus are using for this mailbox and it's listed on the PBL at Spamhaus.

Spamhaus says this is pretty "usual" and that it should be sufficient to set up SMTP authentication on the client machine that's sending the emails (I think)...Yeldarb do you think this would be the case?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No I don't believe it would make any difference and my own Optus account is authenticating with the smtp server.  The down side to ISP email is that many people are sharing the same mail server and all it takes is one spammer or one infected computer to have that IP blocked.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue aswell. 

Keeps saying 

delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with

mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[74.6.137.65] while sending RCPT TO

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail104.syd.optusnet.com.au

X-Postfix-Queue-ID: CAA0C43BB16

How do we get around this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yep that one is on the blacklist as well. I guess if you can't get another mail server IP by either restarting your modem or waiting till it changes itself then emailing Yahoo might be out of the question. Optus webmail may also be another option. Keep in mind that these blacklists are common and many organisations other than Yahoo use them. 

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a211.29.132.246&run=toolpage

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Undelivered email - seeking postmaster address

Hey @sus02, it's not great to hear you're having issues sending emails.

Have you tried out some of the following troubleshooting steps to see if this helps to resolve the issue? If you continue to have issues, it might be best to chat with our Tech Support team directly in regards to this one. You can chat with them using our 24x7 Live Chat service here or over the phone on 13 13 44. They may also be able to confirm the postmaster address for you. 

Please let us know how you go and feel free to shout out if you have any further issues. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you, chloesok.

The problem is with the Yahoo server which has blocked my (and others') Optusnet emails.  I spoke to an Optus employee yesterday who said they had no information on this problem and told me to lodge a complaint, which I have done. Friends with Yahoo email acounts have been enquiring of Yahoo. It seems that Yahoo requires the Optus administrator to contact Yahoo.  I shall try the live chat today.

sus02

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey guys - I've reached out to a few teams about this to see if it's been raised and they're aware of it. We'll keep you posted with any updates we receive.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @sus02 - I've reached out to a few teams about this to see if it's been raised and they're aware of it. We'll keep you posted with any updates we receive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Good luck with that one 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

you can request a RBL de-iist with spamhaus without issue (Optus, not end customers!!!)

SORBS however forget it...we had one of our mail servers when I worked at ECN listed on SORBS for 4 years and they refused to remove it.  This is why I dislike RBLs, they are nothing but vigilantes and a law unto themselves (ISPs have sued in the US and lost vs RBLs btw).  

The only work around is to use smtprouting and use a SMTP server that isn't black listed . 

0 Kudos