Searching...
Highlighted

Problems emailing Yahoo (only)

baobab68

A friend of mine is having problems emailing from her Optus email account to a colleague of hers who uses Yahoo mail. After some hours, days sometimes, she gets back a non-delivery report that looks like this:

>
> The mail system
>

><xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com.au>: delivery temporarily suspended: lost
> connection with mta5.am0.yahoodns.net[74.6.137.64] while sending RCPT
>TO
>Return-Path: <yyyyyyyyyy@optusnet.com.au>
>Received: from [10.90.23.57] (pa49-181-208-92.pa.nsw.optusnet.com.au
>[49.181.208.92])
> by mail106.syd.optusnet.com.au (Postfix) with ESMTPS id D5A683D09B3
> for <xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com.au>; Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:36:59 +1100
>(AEDT)

The colleague receives emails from me ok (my Gmail), my friend receives emails from the colleague ok, but she cannot email him.

I'm posting this here as it seems to be a problem unique to Optus and wondering if this message will reach anyone technical within the email team.

Yahoo mail not being delivered

malkay1

Is anyone having difficuly sending messages from Optus to Yahoo adressess that are not being delivered?

I can send emails to Optus, Gmail and Hotmail OK, but any emails sent to Yahoo are not being delivered.

I can see them in my Sent box, but i do not get any messages to say they are not being delivered.

Re: Yahoo mail not being delivered

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Yes I was in a discussions last week about this very subject. It appears to me that many of Optus mail server IP addresses are on a several blacklists. This causes failed deliveries and often you don't get bounced messages from Yahoo till several days later or not at all. Depending on how you connect to the internet just restarting your modem may use a different mail server IP that is not blocked.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/SMTP-problems/td-p/498794

malkay1

I have tried restarting the router as suggested.   Left it off for 1 hour.  Yahoo emails still not being delivered.

Yeldarb

What sort of internet connection are you using and have you received any bounced messages from Yahoo?

malkay1

Internet connection is NBN HFC cable to the home.   There have been no bounced messages or undelivered messages either.

Emails to other domains such as Hotmail, Gmail are being delivered as normal. 

Re: Problems emailing Yahoo (only)

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

There is an ongoing issue with Yahoo at the moment and every Optus IP address that has been posted to this forum is showing as blacklisted. If Yahoo uses these black lists it may be the cause of the problem.

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a49.181.208.92&run=toolpage

Edit: The message saying the delivery is temporarily suspended lost also appears to be spam related.

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Sending/delivery-temporarily-suspended-lost-connection-with-mta7/td-p/38...

Yeldarb

Yes I understand the issue is with Yahoo only as there are several posts on this topic at the moment like the one below. I have been answering questions on this issue from what I believe is happening but I think it's time that Optus looked at this issue themselves.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Problems-emailing-Yahoo-only/m-p/502141

Re: Problems emailing Yahoo (only)

Yeldarb

As a matter of interest 

This is the mail system at host mail105.syd.optusnet.com.au. 211.29.132.249

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

bradley@yahoo.com>: delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with
mta5.am0.yahoodns.net[66.218.85.52] while sending RCPT TO

blacklisted.jpg

Undelivered email - seeking postmaster address

sus02

Hi

For some days my emails to several friends have not been delivered.  I am told to send the message to the postmaster but what is the email address to use for the postmaster?  I can find no reference on the Optus website.

I sent the email with the undelivered message to postmaster@mail104.syd.optusnet.com.au and postmeaster@optusnet.com.au 3 hours ago.  

All three friends' addresses are Yahoo accounts.  I can receive messages from them. 

Thanks

sus02

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
92 Kudos
84 Kudos
31 Kudos
30 Kudos
21 Kudos