Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Problems after relocation

I put in a online relocation request on 23/4/18, moving from a unit with ADSL to a house with NBN. I received SMS with a temporary order number. Received a second SMS the next day with a reference number, then a third SMS saying the relocation order is underway, then a fourth SMS saying the relocation request has been processed & NBN services would be activated on 7/5/18.

I then recieved an email on 25/4 saying our premises would be connected to Optus NBN on 8/5/18 & I would receive an ethernet cable soon in the post. There was an ethernet cable with the modem when I became an Optus ADSL customer back in June 2016. My modem is a Sagemcom F@st 3864OP ADSL WIFI modem which is NBN ready. The ethernet cable that came with the modem has yellow connectors but in the quick start link in the email it says you need the cable with red connectors. I thought this red cable would be the one they were talking about in the email that I would receive in the post.

Here we are over a month later & I still haven't received the cable in the post!
I have tried ringing the call centre numerous times & no one seems to know or understand what I am talking about when I say I am waiting for a cable to arrive in the post. As well as not being able to use the home phone line because it needs to run through the modem, I am now paying for services that I am unable to use!

All I want to know is where is my cable? It's NOT a hard question to answer please Optus.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Problems after relocation

Hi @CeeKay, thanks for reaching out!

I'd really need to first establish what type of NBN technology is being used at the new premises. There are number of different hardware configurations (depending on the type of technology being utilized). For example, an FTTP service (fibre to the premises) service is made up of 2 components. You have the NBN connection box (NTD) and the Optus supplied modem. 

The modem connects to the designated UNI-D port via the yellow or red Ethernet cable. 

If we're talking FTTN (fibre to the node) or FTTB (Fibre to the basement), you'll need to grab the white cable with grey connectors and plug that into the existing telephone wall socket. 

Do you know which type of NBN technology is being used at home? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

When I put in the relocation request, the Optus website said it was connected by FTTP.

Regards, CeeKay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, great 🙂

Grab the Ethernet cable with red or yellow connectors and plug one end into the red port on your modem – it’s the one that says ‘Fibre’.

The modem will now start its special synchronisation sequence, which can take up to 15 minutes.  The lights will flash until it’s finished and then stay on (the ‘Internet’ light may still flash intermittently).

Can you give that a shot for us? If you're still having no luck, you're welcome to send us a private message.

I need your full name, DOB and account number → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I will give this a try when I get home from work tonight.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No problem, I'm here till 9:00PM tonight. 

Let us know how that goes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

It didn't work. I will send you a PM.

Regards, CeeKay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, that's frustrating.

That's not a problem, we'll chat there.